Talking Hurts

As David and I sat in the waiting room for my name to be called David (brother) was speaking to someone on the phone in a low voice that I couldn't hear him.

I started reading another book, probably that's all I ever do anyways right? Read and read I don't even use my phone unless I have a emergency which is like never. My outfit was like an adult outfit, it was different from everyone else's clothing. I felt like an outcast or like I didn't belong.

My outfit had a black belted shirt dress, black flats that I wore yesterday, a crescent pendant moon necklace, my brown hair was in a waterfall braid in the back, and my lips were colored peach pink. I closed the book as I kept my legs cross and sat in the chair like a rich person. I hated that feeling even knows my brother is one, but doesn't act like it.

Yesterday he bought a lot of new clothes for me, new shoes, new piano, new everything! As if all my old things were burnt down and he got money out of no where to just buy new stuff.

"Dahlia Winters?" My name was called out and my brother hanged up on the phone and walked with me to the office.

"Okay we will be getting your voice back today, but if you speak it will hurt your throat a tad."The nurse said and I nodded sitting on the bed while they touch my throat. 

--------------------------------------------

After spending two hours sitting on a bed and them putting something in my mouth and having to swallow it I finally could speak.

"Okay say these three sentences if it hurts then just speak in a whisper." I nodded my head while they turned on a projecter showing sentences in big bold letters.

"The-The fox...ran to...the-the....highest," by now my throat was burning and I just spoke the rest in a whisper.

---------------------------------------------

When David and I got home Robert was there and he was mad, he had a stern look on his face, his arms were crossed over his chest, and he had others behind him.

"Um...Dahlia why don't you go to your hobby room I have some business to do." I nodded my head and did a small smile at Robert who returned a smile tha didn't reach his eyes.

I walked up the stairs going to my room first, I took off my shoes putting them neatly under the clothes were they were yesterday. 

I sighed and walked inside of the hobby room, I started playing the piano without slouching. 

"Ugh!" I felt the pain in my hip,"I need pain killers." I whispered to myself as I walked downstairs clutching my hips.

"David!" I whispered and half yelled.

I heard shuffling of feet and two guys came in front of me. One of them had curly blonde hair and the other had shaggy brown hair.

"Where's David?" I asked, talking hurts literally.

"He's in a meeting, do you need help?"The blonde one asked helping get to the bottom floor.

"I need some pain killers, my hip is pain." I said walking over to the kitchen.

The brown haired guy rummaged through the medcial cabinet and got two pills of pain killers and water. I swallowed them both and the pain killers started kicking in.

"Who are you guys?" I asked again in a small whisper hoping they heard me.

"Were in the Blo---"The blonde guy got interrupted by my brother walking into the kitchen.

"Jared, Paul, Dahlia what are you doing here?"My brother asked while their face paled. 

"Your sister needed some pain killers, you said something about Osteomyelitis?"The blonde guy said in a more of a question way.

I stared between the three they looked like they were talking through their mind, while they stared intently at each other I got up from the stool and got out of the kitchen.

Tomorrow is school that's going to be beautiful! Not.