19

the next few weeks passed fairly uneventfully for the vkook couple. fangirls died when jeongguk's new album came out and taehyung's photoshoots continued, their public and private relationship continued to the point that they were asked to attend a formal dinner with some gucci and bighit executives and their manager.

they were both a tad nervous about the dinner, taehyung more than jeongguk, but they soon found themselves ordering their first course.

taehyung eyes scanned the luxury menu, before briefly meeting minseo's gaze. the elder man raised his eyebrows pointedly and subtly mouthed the word 'small' at taehyung. jeongguk didn't catch this, and neither did the other two at the table.

the restaurant they were at was the top of the top, only the best in south korea, well suiting gucci's lee chenseok and bighit's bang si-hyuk. jeongguk sure didn't mind the extra effort.

the dinner seemed to go fairly well, Chen's seemed happy, jeongguk seemed happy, si-hyuk seemed happy - but taehyung felt minseo's eyes on him the entire evening. every mouthful of food he took, he felt a sharper glare. if looks could kill, the silver headed boy was sure he'd be dead.

in time, the dessert menus arrived. taehyung fingered the paper nervously, debating whether to open it or not, when he received a sharp kick from under the table.

biting his lip, he looked up at minseo who shook his head gently and indicated with his eyes to the bathroom.

taehyung squeezed his eyes shut and nodded.

it's just this once. it's completely understandable.

i have truly eaten a lot, i can make up for this in the morning!

it'll all be worth it once it's done, i can cuddle ggukie and have icecream at home!

"excuse me for a second." he mumbled before getting up from the table and making his way to the bathroom.

it sat badly in taehyung's conscience after he exited the bathroom, but he knew it was for the best and would all pay off later. jeongguk wouldn't notice, his fans wouldn't notice, his friend's wouldn't notice - it would (quite literally) be all gucci.