When Daydreams Became Nightmares

Every day of my life produced a new tragedy. I thought I had gotten hit with everything life could throw at me but boy was I wrong.

Some say it all started THAT day but i knew better and there were things building up to that day. the brick, the dropped glass, the flat tires, the sky that always appeared grey over our house THAT day.

April 16th. It was raining THAT day. They were walking me home from preschool. Life seems like a canvas in preschool. You create what you want to create. I created that day and every day since then my brain seems to create it again.

Everything seemed normal. The birds chirped, the flowers grew, the wind blew and then I felt it. A chill down my spine. I stopped. She seemed mad that I did.

If I didn't stop could they have gotten away? If they left me a preschool and took off? If they never had me?

I hear tapping and dripping. I see Elizabeth the girl who sits next to me in chemistry. She seems blurry. Like she's not there. Her mouth is moving but no sound comes out. She's talking. Shes saying something to me. Then she's gone. I sit there until I hear it. A bell.

According to the kids I hear in the hallways some "delinquent" raise a lighter to the fire alarm water sprinkler. I automatically know who it is. My "brother" Christian.