Chapter 3 - Another World

Three years passed since then. Because I learned something new everyday, time flew by in an instant.
As time went by I got to know more and more about this world, my family and myself.

First of all this world is filled with the genre of fantasy. Demons, dragons you name it.

This continent we are living on consists of four factions, which make up most of the continent.
The north is occupied by the giant race. They are known for their ferocious nature as well as their hotbloodedness. They are a race full of fighters and their fearlessness is a well spread trait of theirs. They live on top of the cold mountains to completely devout their everything on forging their own bodies.

Their racial counter part the dwarven race prefer brains over brawns. The only thing they forge are their weapons and unique inventions. Technology wise they are the most advanced. Their living quarters are on the southern part of the continent and instead of the dangerous environment on top of the mountain they prefer the inside.

The west is occupied by the proud elven race. Living inside one huge forest they are known for their spiritmagic archery and superiority complex. They consider humans to be filthy and look down upon them.

At last but not least the east. The east is filled with humans. We humans excel at nothing and most races look down upon us inviduals, but as a whole our race is a force to be reckoned with.
In the past the human society was split apart into many different countries. Disputes beneath our own kind was a second nature to us. But a few hundred years ago one man took upon the task to unite humanity and make us one. He succeeded and got crowned as the emperor. His position got passed down to his offspring and they ever since continued his lineage. Today the royal family still reigns over humanity.

My father is the captain of the earlier mentioned family's royal guards.
He took over the position four years ago. One year before I was born.
My family was not born on this continent. Every time I tried to inquire someone about the past of my family I got vehemently rejected. So I stopped caring, because what matters the most is the now and present. Still, how did someone from a foreign land manage to get the title of a viscount and more importantly the position of the capitain of the royal guards? The reason lays within my father's swordsmanship. He is known to be the strongest swordsman on this whole continent.

Yes, my father is awesome. Speaking of the devil.

Yesterday my father came back home from the royal capital and he will be on vacation for the next two months. Guess who just walked into the living room, where I was sitting reviewing the geography of our continent.

"Are you ready for your first swordsmanship lessons, Cemre?", asked my father as his healthy orange hair glistened in the morning sun.

I looked at him with the same crystal blue eyes he has and nodded making my fiercely red hair sway up and down: "Yes, father!"

My name is Cemre Han son of Ren Han and Seria Han and today marks the day I took my first step upon the path of the Han swordsmanship.