Chapter 6 - As If It's A Nightmare

One month passed since then and everyday was a blast. Currently I was sitting in the living room illuminated by the afternoon sun. I was reading up on the adventurer guild and their subjugation targets.

So there are certain threat levels.

I just opened a book about monster ranks.
Monsters is the general term for threats for the livelyhood of the population.
They are ranked from one to ten proportionally to their threat level with ten being the weakest, whereas any adult would be able to defeat them with ease and one being the strongest, whereas it's pure existence  threatens the whole world. Fitting the monster ranks there are also ranks for adventurer.

Adventurer are people who are part of the adventurer guild. They do escort gathering or subjugation quest appropriate for their rank. Their ranks range from G all the way to SSS. With G matching rank ten monsters and SSS matching rank one.

Since I was completely emeresed in the book, I was unable to realise the nearing danger.

A cry of pure pain resounded in the distance followed by hurried footsteps. My mum rushed into the living room.
"Cemre go get your sword it's a goblin stampede we have to get away from here!"

I felt the blood freezing in my veins.
A goblin stampede means there has to be goblin king. A Goblin king got the strength of a rank five monster but his huge amount of rank six high goblins followers he produces makes him a rank four threat. A rank four threat is equivalent to a lesser dragon. And they can easily swipe a village. Especially if it's Santurio. Since there are usually only rank ten or nine monster the defense here is basically none existenced. It wouldn't be surprising if the village was completely anhiliated already.

Aylin! I hope she is safe!

I grabbed my sword and my mum was already waiting at the door, when suddenly a rusted sword protruded out of it piercing her from behind. Time stood still. The world started losing its colors only the red of the blood which was splurging out of her mouth had a vivid red.
"Run away Cemre and live, please...", she smiled at me as her last words left her mouth and she limply fell on the floor. A puddle was already forming as tears started streaming down my face. Feeling pain anguish and fear I rushed to one of our many windows opened it and jumped out.

This can't be happening.

I ran for my life. The once peaceful scenery was painted in distant cries as I was rushing to the village in hope to find someone, who could help.
As I got closer and closer I realised, that the cries were already long gone. Silence filled my view and greeting me was a red painted village.

"I have decided."

Completely horrified I looked around the village trying to catch a glimpse of her. But all I found were the corpses of Thomas and the other kids.

"Cemre, once I become the best cook in the world,"

Trying to cling to a glimmer of hope I started running towards her home in search for her, when I stumbled over something round.

"I will allow you to take me..."

I looked at what I stumbled over and there it layed.

Aylins head.

"... as your wife"

So I broke

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

I cried
And cried.
And cried.

Was it minutes? Hours? I can't remember.
But my cries stopped as I heared footsteps closing in on me and felt someone's killing intent.