Chapter 7

3rd person pov

"Your not fighting? What did you pull a muscle?" Jacob asked Edward as he showed up to a filed where Destin, Edward, Bella, Jasper, and Paul all stood. Edward rolled his eyes.

"He's doing it for me, okay?" Bella told him bitterly; annoyed with his attitude.

"Whatever just tell me the plan" Jacob rolled his eyes.

"The field will give us a advanced in the battle. We need to lure the newborns with Bella and Destin's sent. It needs to end here" Jasper told him.

"Edward and I are going on a campsite. Even if he cares me they'll still pick up our scent" Bella told him.

"Your stench however is revolving" Edward crunches up his nose.

"Dude you really don't want to start comparing stinks" Jacob told the pale boy. Paul let out a laugh from beside Destin, he grinned but elbows him to stop.

"What he means is that your scent will mask mine if you care me" Bella told her toned friend.

"Done. But what exactly is hothead here for?" Jacob asked motioning toward Paul.

"Embry, Seth, and Leah are on patrol right now so seems like he's our only other option for Destin here." Jasper told the wolf. Paul tensed but but calmed down under Destin's chilling touch.

"I could have carried her" Jacob defended the reasoning.

"It would have taken to much time. Plus they would know there's a catch with you coming back here" Destin now joined in. Jacob stared at her until she brought herself to look away.

"Okay let's just try this" Bella said before hoping into Jacobs arms. Destin quickly jumped onto Paul's back as the two laughed. Paul began walking away.

•••

Now in the woods Paul and Destin walked. Well Paul walked, Destin rested on his back.

"These crazy vampires really want you huh?" Paul asked up to her.

"Apparently" They both laughed.

"You remember before you phased we'd do this all the time, just enjoy each other's company and walk around" Destin grinned at the memories as she rested her head onto Paul's shoulder, feeling his toned chest.

"And the times we'd jump into that waterfall and talk about how cool it would be if we got a apartment together and moved off to a big city" Paul laughed and looked down at the memory the two shared. Destin chuckled.

"Yeah back when we'd spend ever living second together" Destin mumbled

"You mean back before you got into a relationship with three people that weren't me" Paul said with a eyeroll.

"Paul please don't make me feel bad about this. It's not my choice who imprints on me and who dosent. If I had it my way i'd let you imprint on me. But the world didn't go the way we hoped it would and both of us just need to except that okay? You imprinted on Rachel and i've got Em, Seth, and Leah. We should be happy for each other" Destin shot at him hoping he'd drop this

"Yeah doesn't mean what we had needed to be over with. We spent ever day together and now there's rarely days we even see each other" Paul raised his voice the slightest but not enough to startle Destin.

"Because you imprinted and phased. That wasn't on me. What was I supposed to do sit around and wait until you got jealous that i'm with someone else while your living it up with a girl you love. That's a bit unfair" Destin told him. He sighed knowing she was right