First Date

It's almost 7pm and Calum was picking you up for your first date any minute. You were really nervous because his looks were a bit intimidating. He looked like a badass but once you started talking to him at the party you'd met at, you realized he wasn't intimidating at all.

Just before you left the party he asked if you wanted to get a drink with him some time. Of course you said yes.

Your phone buzzed, seeing it was Calum.

"Here!! :) X"

You laughed at the excitement in the text. Slipping on your black heels, you rushed outside, but made it look like you weren't rushing, to Calum who was waiting at the passenger side of the car with the door open for you.

"Hello, lovely." He gives you a smile before you say hi back and step in the car.

It seems like he's a lot more giddy and jumpy than he was at the party and you wondered why.

"Where are we going?" You ask.

"Do you like pubs?"

"Yes I do."

He smiles and nods.

"I'm assuming that's where we're going then?"

"You're correct."

"And what would you do if I didn't like pubs?"

He laughs and the crinkles by his eyes show. "I would've been extremely embarrassed."

You both laugh and he turns the radio on and you're at the pub in just a few minutes.

Cal orders himself a Corona while you order a Piña Colada. The waitress kindly give you both your drinks and Calum tries to make small talk.

"So have you ever been here?" He asks.

"Yeah, once with a friend of mine. I like it here."

The rest of the night consists of you two asking what each other's favorite things are; from colors, to bands, to places. It seems you both have a lot in common, and by the end of the night, neither of you had much to drink since you'd been talking so much. The ride home was a little quiet, but a good quiet. As you were looking out the window, from the corner of your eye you could see Calum look at you every once in a while. After a few minutes, you spoke up.

"Like what you see?" You crack a smile, turning towards him.

"Yes, actually." He smiles bigger, as if trying to beat yours.

You smile just as big.

Once your back at your house, he walks you to the door.

"So," he breathes, "tonight was fun. Would you- um- like to do it again?" He looks at his feet, slightly blushing.

"Of course, Calum. I had fun. Thank you."

He looks up with excitement in his eyes. Kissing your cheek, Calum spins on his heels and hops back into his car, driving away.

When you get inside you can't help but have a great feeling about this guy.