Meeting the cigarette girl

Lou's POV

I was awake before my alarm went off because I was a bit nervous go to the new school I was teaching at. I'm just glad that it's a school that was almost 30 minutes away from where I'm now living.

I get up to start getting ready and I put on my blue suit. I start to brush my shoulder length hair and I sigh, feeling a little bit alone. I decide to go to eat breakfast where my dog runs over to me and jumps on me with all his strength. I've been living in England for around a month now. I've visited so many places and there's so many cool people here.

I stroked my dog as he panted, wagging his tail at me "Dagger stop you're gonna dirty me up" I stood up putting my dirty plate in the wash.

I managed to buy a flat close to the school so it was only an almost 30 minute walk as I don't have the money to buy a car just yet. I got my stuff and my phone, which I put it in my blazer pocket and set off. I was pretty early as there weren't very many cars in the car park.

I saw one girl stood at the entrance with long straight hair lighting a cigarette and taking a drag. She saw me and smirked. She had headphones in and I could hear Cher blasting from them. She was quite tall, but she was wearing wedged boots so that'd be why. She took a head phone out and questioned me "you must be the new teacher?" I nodded at her. "I'm Deborah, but you can call me Debbie, I'll give you a quick tour when I've finished with this" she flicked the ash, and i asked, "are you a fan of Cher?"

"Yeah, I'm a fan of a lot of old music, but I also like pretty recent people" I admired her as she smiled and tucked her hair behind her ear. She finished her cigarette and shoved her hands in her pocket and motioned to come inside.

"Tell me about yourself, other than the fact you're an Aussie of course" she said. "Well there's nothing much to say I only recently moved here from Australia, I have a dog and yeah I'm not very interesting." She smirked at me and replied with a simple "cool cool" and nodded her head.

"I'm not very interesting either, so don't worry you're not the only one" she commented. "The staff rooms here if you wanna put your stuff in there" she pressed a card against something on the wall and it buzzed, she walked in with a bit of sass. I followed her. "Put you're stuff up there" she pointed to some racks.

An older looking man came in. "Debbie, you can't be in here at this time of morning school starts in 40 minutes" he spoke with a slightly annoying voice. She turned around, with a drawn on eyebrow raised, and too that she replied "shut the fuck up O'Connor, I'm showing the newbie around so therefore I can be in here if I fucking want" I was stunned at the way she gets away with speaking like that. "I'm Lou Miller, new English teacher" Debbie placed her thumbs into her pockets her hands placed on the top of her pants.

She was a very talkative person, swearing every 4th word, that's when she hit me with the "So, are you gay? You look kinda gay" She laughed and I tilted my head, panicking slightly, "w-why?" her brown eyes sparkled as she shook her head and said "no reason" with a chuckle.

She showed me to my classroom, and there was 20 minutes until lessons started.

"If it makes you feel better, I like girls, you don't have to be afraid of saying it. Embrace yourself. No one but you and my best friend know." She began humming softly to herself.

"Oh really?" I asked and she nodded "Oh cool, anyway there's just over 15 minutes left, you better started heading to form period" she nodded and she began walking away, "see ya, Lou" she smirked at me and winked, as she began to take of her leather jacket revealing a small black heart on her shoulder, I wasn't sure if it was permanent marker or a tattoo.

I went into my classroom and waited the time that form time was on for. I didn't have a form this year, so that was good.