Chapter 17: James

A/N: I really wanted to post this months ago, and then last month I wanted to post it before the end of February at least. I'm a procrastinator to the core, and I'm sorry about that. I really want to finish this story especially since I know how I want the story to progress and end. I would have finished this, but every time I think I have my life together I get a heavy dose of reality. And I realize annoyingly enough that I fucking don't.

Oh, I want to mention that a lot of things stayed the same from the last version but also a lot is different. So when you're reading this version after having read the previous version don't think of them as the same thing.

Sooo aside from that pathetic excuse, I hope you enjoy this chapter as much as possible. It's not that great but it's something. I'm sorry I can't do better T.T

▼o・ェ・o▼ WOOF

__________________________________________________

Hearing Kyle yelling for Sage I managed to shift back to human form quickly. Sage was picking up the things I had knocked over when I shifted when Kyle came running in. He was the last person I wanted to see, but after the argument, I had with Sage, I knew better than to direct a single word to Kyle.

By the look on Blake's face, he guessed as to what had happened. In seconds he took action of the situation. I wasn't in my right senses to say anything rational. All I wanted was to shift back and hold Sage to me. I wanted everyone to know Sage was mine. Wanted Kyle to know he could never have him. I breathe in and out to calm myself down. The human form was easy to be in but being in my were form was the most natural and right now I needed that.

Blake asked if I wanted to leave. But as much as I didn't want to be near Sage and his rejection I couldn't leave his side in fear of losing him completely. For all I knew I had. It was so frustrating. Sage was a part of my world through his family, but for the moment he was oblivious to his duties, to this world he hadn't joined yet.

I silently thanked Blake for taking charge of the situation. Blake got right to the point with enough vagueness, so Kyle wasn't made aware of what had happened. I looked at Sage when he didn't answer Blakes question if Sage wanted me to stay or leave. I clenched my fits when Sage kissed Kyle and told him they would talk later before coming to stand in front of me.

His hands on my cheek felt soothing and grounded me.

"I'm sorry for scaring you," Sage whispered.

I wanted to laugh at the absurdity, but all I could manage was a weak smile. Even though it was me who had scared him, he was worried about me. Sage must have seen the fear on my face. I could still feel fear run through my blood. Losing him was more than just a scare it was a living nightmare I'd kill myself to get out.

Once we were in Sage's room, I stood by the door.

"James?"

God, I was so, pathetic.

"I'm sorry. This isn't how I wanted to tell you. I wasn't sure how I was going to, but I didn't want it to be like this."

He rested his head on my chest. My body relaxed as I wrapped my arms around him.

"You were angry. Really angry. I thought you understood my relationship with Kyle."

"I do," I shook my head, "but then I don't. What we are...I don't understand how you can feel like that towards him."

"What are we?"

I breathed his scent in, calming down with each second that passed.

"James?"