Chapter 19: Kyle

=^● ⋏ ●^= MEOW

It had been a week since Sage came home with his knuckles bruised. Even though he didn't speak to me, he looked me in the eyes, and I knew right away how his talk with Derrick ended. Ending the day without saying a word to each other felt wrong, especially from what he had come back from.

Blake, however, stopped me.

The atmosphere around Sage screamed to be left alone. I understood that. But to leave him alone after what he did was not a good idea either.

Sage smiled at me, though, kissed me on my forehead and walked to his room. James followed behind him like a shield, covering him from any further harm. I hadn't realized I was crying until Blake pulled me into a hug. That day had physically and mentally drained me. I couldn't muster the energy to feel embarrassed over how I had puked all over Blake, let alone how I was crying my eyes out in his arms.

I was too exhausted. So, when Blake lead me to my room, and he held me as I cried myself to sleep in his arms, I didn't protest. The next morning, he had been kind enough not mention anything, not the crying nor Sage or Derrick. He just asked if we could have a day to ourselves in which we could talk. I had no reason to say no, so I agreed. Plus, I figured I could finally put an end to the little crush I had over him.

Sage had started something new. It was time I did too.

There were just two more days until we met. Blake had wanted to meet a few days ago, but something at work had come up that kept him busy. Two more days. Groaning, I locked my computer and went to find some supplies to draw out a few ideas for the next advertisement Michael had landed with some high-class restaurant.

It wasn't like Blake, and I didn't talk. He messaged me every morning. They were casual messages, but ever since the first one, I've been too attached to my phone for it to be considered healthy. It was stupid of me. I knew I was going to try to put an end to these feelings after our talk. But I couldn't help feeling giddy at the attention I was getting from him.

He had said he liked me, but how could I believe that?

Finding a notebook, a few stencils, and ballpoint pens, I was walking out of the supply room when the back of my collar was yanked. Natalie kicked the supplies that had fallen on the floor away from me.

"What did you say to the CEO?" Natalie asked her voice, getting a bit high pitched. Her face was red, and she was heavy.

I stepped away only for her to push me back into the wall.

"We all know that you've been whoring yourself to the secretary. So, what the fuck have you been telling him?" She yelled.

"I-I-I...."

"I, I, I stop stuttering you freak! They choose you! You!" I glanced at her fists. "Don't act like you don't know. What did you do? What did you say to them about me? Answer me," she yelled.

I opened and closed my mouth, trying to say no, but it was getting hard to breathe.

She stepped back, smoothing down her hair and straightening her clothes. "Pathetic. They'll see they made a mistake when you fail even to say a word." She left as quick as she had come.

Breath, I reminded myself. Slow and steady. Looking around, I started to pick up everything off the floor.

What was she going on about? That woman was crazy, but I didn't know she was that insane. I was walking back to my desk when I noticed a few people staring at me. They must have heard her yelling. Great. Taking out the pencil box, and pulling up the list of key points that were researched I started mapping out a few ideas. None of them looked right.