I Believe I Can Fly (Part 1)

Will doesn't care what anyone else has to say.
His wings look cool as fuck. One of them was a bright, happy shade of yellow. The other was a similar color, but it's dotted with an inky black.
The color of his soulmate's wings.
You see, everyone is born with wings. God knows why- it's not like any of the animals humans share a common ancestor have them.
It makes even less sense how as a person age, one wing slowly starts to change color. Turning the color of their soulmate's wing.
No one can explain it. It's pretty sweet though. To think that everyone has someone out their for them- and heck, not everyone dated their soulmate! But they were always a companion, always together, always... something.
Will's thoughts started to slow down. Why was he thinking about this again? And why was he narrating all of this?
Finally, sleep fastened its claws into him, and he was dragged down, down into the embrace of a calm, dreamless sleep.
...that is, until he was rudely awoken by the sound of rains being blessed.
Groaning, he groped around for his phone while rubbing the blurriness of sleep from his eyes.
He blinked at the screen.
He woke up at twelve in the morning? What the actual hell?
Oh, and Piper was calling him.
Muttering, he silenced Toto.
"Hey dude!" A cheerful voice immediately answered.
"Hey," he mumbled in response.
She ignored his uncharacteristic lack of enthusiasm. "Still up for laser tag today? We're trying to get a large group so that we don't have to play against little kids," she babbled our excitedly.
He'd forgotten about that. But laser tag is fun so... sure. He'll go today.
"Yeah, I'm coming," he said, a bit more enthusiasm breaking through his tone.
"See you there!"
Will sighed, then placed his phone back down.
"Might as well get ready now..." he mumbled, then walked off for the bathroom, stretching along the way.

AU: I'm bored now! Gonna go read fanfiction. I was actually in the middle of one when I started writing this. So... yeah. I'll write another part tomorrow! Or technically later today.