~Prologue~

Dear readers:

I do not claim to own Cry, or the other persons (excluding original characters) mentioned in this text, in any way, shape or form. All resemblances to other works are coincidence. This work is purely fiction. The characters in this text are not exact representations of the people they portray, and creative license has been used. The characters are also based more on the online personality rather than the actual living person. They are all their own people with their own lives, and this fanfiction is not meant to alter them in any way, and it is not expected to be seen by them either. If you have any problems with this work, please comment on it and we will work to fix it.

Two years ago, monsters, or 'tainted', stated roaming the earth. They go around maiming and killing all the humans they set their eyes on, and the bigger problem is that their bite, it is able to turn anyone into another mindless creature. They weren't this way once, they used to live in peace with humans, but they have long since then morphed into bloodthirsty animals. Luckily, you have been trained to survive the infection. A few years ago, with impending war looming over all the major countries, governments all over the world were trying to discover a new weapon to fight for them, and many had played with the thought of using 'Faunus', the human/animal hybrids that were just as common as any other people, as their canvas, but none had really done much with the idea. That all changed when a German medical company put out that they were well on the way to having a breakthrough, requested that all Faunus reported to their stations. Upon hearing this, their allies became interested and sent their top scientists and supplies to help with the program. Desperate and willing to help their country, most of the Faunus population ending up turning up, after being assured no harm would come to them, and that they would only get special 'vaccines' to make them stronger. In truth, they had been working with other pharmaceutical companies to bio-engineer animal genes to be bred with the Faunus to turn them into stronger, quicker moving, faster healing super soldiers, combined with a great deal of pain to all those participating. By the time this was found out, it was too late and a large number of Faunus were trapped all over the world. In an act of survival, you and a small group of test subjects hatched a plan to break out. It was all going well, but then someone outed them and only you and one other patient survived. You went back to try and find your family, but they had disappeared without a trace, leaving you all alone. You then left your hometown for the first time and went out to explore the world. After a couple days of exploring, you heard news about the tests going haywire, with one facilities subjects going insane and slaughtering all the humans inside. You decided that it would be a good idea to hide your heritage and tied a black bow around your ears to stay safe, and days later people were being warned that Faunus were not to be trusted, and were all 'tainted' by a highly contagious disease. Being terrified, you secluded yourself entirely from the pre-apocalyptic world, armed with nothing but two joinable backpacks, a gun and your wits.

[The next chapter will be realised on 29/7/14 ]

.__. 

~Also ask questions if you don't understand~

.__.  

Credit to Piiiilf (co-writer)