~Chapter 2 {Part 2}~

(Cry's pov)

I was sitting next to Snake, talking about Alex.

"So, do you think she'd be a help?" I asked. Snake was actually more talkative than you would expect in a one on one conversation.

"She'd be a good asset. She can obviously kill well enough, and seems to have luck with scavenging." I gave a half nod, half shrug, and got up. I noticed Alex was looking cold, and she had her arms were wrapped around herself. The moonlight shining in from the window bathed her skin in an ethereal glow. She looked so peaceful when she slept. I shook my head, and went to find an extra blanket. When I came back, I noticed Snake was asleep. I sat down next to her and began arranging the blanket around her. While I was leaning lightly against her, her head lolled onto my shoulder, and when I tried to move away her face twisted into discomfort. I settled down next to her and wrapped the blanket around us both. She leaned up against me more, and I could feel a hot blush on my cheeks. Definitely glad no one was awake to see that. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

(Alex's pov)

I woke up to the high pitched trill of my watch alarm. I switched it off with my eyes closed. I opened my eyes slowly, rubbing them and stifling a yawn. When I looked around, my fave went immediately red. Cry's arm was wrapped around my waist, and I was pretty much snuggled up against him. I tried to escape his hold, but he just grunted in his sleep and pulled me closer. I really needed to get out before anyone else woke up. I finally shimmied out from his arms and headed to the bathroom with my bag. I changed into my day clothes and tied up my hair only to realise... My bow was gone. Not good, not good, not good. I cursed and peeked around the hall into the lounge to see everyone inside still asleep. I creeped over, trying my best to be silent, and grabbed the ribbon from its spot beside Cry.

"Wha'y'doin 'Lx" Cry mumbled, words thick with sleep.

"Uhm, it's nothing, just go back to sleep." I whispered back, darting back to the bathroom. Grateful for the lack of interaction, I tied the ribbon around my ears and padded to the the door, opening it to find Cry right on the other side. I jumped about a foot in the air when I saw him, and he smirked.

"Someone's a bit jumpy this morning." He commented, then sauntered into the bathroom and closed the door with a loud click.

"Morning Alex." Krism called from the kitchenette where she was standing.

"Mornin'." I replied and walked over to her.

"What'cha doin'?" I asked, peering over her shoulder to see her contemplating the small collection of breakfast food they had.

"Just trying to make something edible. Kinda running low on food." She answered, a deep sigh punctuating her words. I went over to my bag and pulled out a couple cans of fruit, treats I had been saving for a special occasion. This seemed as good a time as any. I presented them to her with a small, nervous smile, and her face lit up.

"Wow! Thanks! Really?" She asked, and when I nodded her smile got even bigger. I remembered something Krism had said last night.

"Didn't you say it was Min-" I started.

"Nah, she can't cook, like, at all, so I'm doing it for her to save us all from food poisoning." She answered the unfinished question, and I chuckled in response.

"What time is it?" She asked from where she was plating up.

"Eight-fifteen." I replied. She nodded, then turned around.

"Rise and shine people! The sun has risen and so should you!" She shouted at them, and even Jund could be heard being startle from his coveted spot on the bed.