02 | Sierra

Friday, March 13.

Had you ever been in a dilemma in which you were forced to choose between two options?

Where you knew that if you made your choice, there's no turning back.

You feel trapped and you craved that this interminable decision will be over or you'll be late.

Should I pick the bright and daring Prada tote or the calm and carefree Mulberry Bayswater leather bag? Sierra thought.

The idea of choosing the wrong bag made her shiver so she text Rain and asked for her supposed chic opinion.

Sierra's phone buzzed and saw that her BFF replied. Rain said she should choose the Mulberry Bayswater. She stopped for a while, stared at her perfectly shaped body in the mirror and tilted her hips as she tried to think.

"Miss Sierra, you're going to be late," her maid, Juliette, said as she knocked on the door.

She pulled her Prada tote and left for school.

As she arrived, she saw Mary, Mellie and Mini waiting for her. They hurried towards her with grace and class. Perfect, she thought.

The loud clicks of their heels echoed through the hallway, signaling the students of St. Henevel Academy that The Sierra Vaughn arrived. They strutted as their signature bracelets clanged on their arms. The bracelets so limited that they were the only ones who had it, the chosen ones, verifying their place in the inner circle.

Those chosen ones were handpicked by no other than Sierra. They had to prove their loyalty and determination. They were the best, the finest, the elite. Or at least just damn rich and beautiful.

When they were children, Mary was very religious. She went to Church, prayed, read the Bible and such but as time passed, she traded her conservative style to a prostitute-like style and honestly, everyone really doubts that she was still a virgin. Nobody knew what happened but since then, Sierra secretly called her Unholy Mary.

Mellie, on the other hand, was the devious liar. She was a social climber. Well, all of them were but she was worse. She had a long crooked nose but last summer, she had a nose job, making her nose perfect, almost. Sierra's nickname for her was Pinocchio.

Mini was Mellie's counterpart. She was very faithful, honest and pretty stupid. She literally had a brain of a rodent. Sometimes, everybody wonders how she was still in school with that little common sense. Mini Mouse was her pet name.

Mini Mouse handed Sierra her daily sugar-free Starbucks coffee.

"Beautiful bag," Pinocchio said in an obvious jealous voice.

"I thought that bag comes out next month," Unholy Mary said. "How'd you get it?"

"I get everything I want," Sierra answered. "Where's Rain?" She asked as she saw a familiar face flirting with Erik.

"Her name is Cassandra Blanchard," Pinocchio whispered. "She's a transferee from Los Angeles, California. Rumor has it, Cassie has a thing for Erik."

Erik left as that flirt walked towards Sierra's direction. "Nobody plays with my boy." Sierra smirked. As she walked towards her, her shoulder clashed with Cassie's and Sierra accidentally poured her coffee on the transferee. "Welcome to Henevel," she said with a superficial smile. "Now, get out of my way," she said, wishing the stain was irremovable as she walked away.

Perfect scene, Sierra thought.

Three classes passed and people were still talking about what happened. Eyes were on Sierra as usual and she loved it because, well, who doesn't?