Chapter 3

She never had a problem with her Furbys until she turned eleven.

"My friends think I'm too old for you guys," Sophie told her Furbys, as each one of them came back to life. "Don't take it personally if I don't play with you as much."

The Furbys, however, took it extremely personally. They loved Sophie. They thought she loved them. She had told them it was no big deal, her friends just wanted to hang out with her more. That was all. But it seemed like a much bigger deal to them.

Dylan noticed that she wasn't playing with them as much. "Finally grew up a little, huh? Took my advice?" But Sophie hated it when he said that. She wanted to play with her Furbys so, so bad when her friends were at her house! But she couldn't. Then one day, she had an idea.

She hadn't played with her Furbys in days, so while her friend, Bailey, was at her house, Sophie asked, "Can you keep a secret?"

Bailey nodded. She wanted to know a secret! She LOVED a good secret. She followed as Sophie guided her into her room, and Bailey rolled her eyes when Sophie went over to her Furbys.

"I thought you said you didn't play with them anymore," protested Bailey, as Sophie tried to get her to look at her collection. "I don't," Sophie said. "Just, watch."

Sophie said loud and clear, "Furbys, alive!" Each Furby came to life and Bailey gasped. They weren't turned on. Why had Sophie stopped playing with them? She vaguely remembered herself telling Sophie that she was too old for them...

"Why haven't you been playing with us?" they all said in evil, squeaky unison.