Chapter 6. Cry Baby

Emma's POV

"REALLY REGINA".

I whipped the sticky gloop of mud of my soaking wet dress, and cursed Regina as she sped of in her slick Mercedes-Benz. I was soaked to the bone and started to shiver so I walked back inside Granny's, where the heat hit me in the face as soon as I had my hand on the door knob.

Everyone looked at me with horror in their eyes like they had never seen someone dirty before, when I could tell everyone of them all their dirty secrets I had learned in the police business. Ok Emma mabey that sounded a bit to dark for a children's story.

Ruby rushed over to me in her high stilettos that she clearly could not walk in, and offered me a white napkin that I waved away. I peered around my surrounding looking for Henry and Grace, but they where no where to be found. They proboly sneaked out the back door when I chased Regina out. Smart kid.

"Emma, looks like you need a drink" I heard a familiar voice say from the bar. It was Leroy, with a shot glass in his tiny hand.

"Your right Leroy I do".

Granny must have heard me, Because when I took a seat a tumbler can rolling down the table into my mucky hands. I felt some content sitting in a warm diner having a drink with an old friend. I was about to start a conversation with the dwarf but he bet me to it.

"Having a bad day are we swan?".

I tried to object, but the events of the day all came whistling into my hand at that very moment. I took a long swig from my glass of brandy.

"Ye I guess I am".

" You would never guess what I seen today I seen a-"

But he was cut short by the buzz of his cell phone. It must have been important as he slapped some money on the counter, grabbed his coat and left suddenly with a look of worry on his face. Now I had no one.
I took another gulp and lay my head in my arms. I was stressed beyond measure today.

Half an hour of laying down on the cold hard counter, I heard a noise that awoke me from my dream like state.

It was someone sobbing but I couldn't make out who it was, through the noise of the busy diner, until my eyes met a stranger, I could not see his face because it was covered by a newspaper he was holding up.

I read the headline of the newspaper little girl in mine accident near the edge of town.
I wondered why the sheriffs station was not informed about this incedint, but the thought slipped out of my mind as I heard more crying and pulled the newspaper down, revealing someone familiar. Jefferson.

"Jefferson, what are you doing, how did you-   when did you-  do you know- "

But all my questions where not answered, as he told me all his problems first.
"Emma Im sorry, it's just my daughter I seen her leaving, WITH YOUR SON. HOW DARE HE. SHE MIGHT NOT REMEMBER ME, BUT I KNOW DEEP DOWN SHE DOES AND-"

Tongith no one was finishing their sentences as I did something totally out of the question. It felt right at this moment a spark just hit me, I had this urge to just lean in.
I suddenly grabbed jefferson by the back of the neck pulled him close to me and kissed him with force. And it just felt so right. I needed to stop him blabbering so what did I do. I kissed  him again on his soft lips and I enjoyed it even more.

When I stopped and realised what I had done. I looked up and seen a look of confusion on Jefferson's soft face. When he looked at me he proboly seen a look of  disgrace. WHAT DID I DO, I thought to myself. What will I tell killian. A million questions where busting in my head. Until jefferson pulled me in to another kiss once more, and at that point I didn't care about anything, just jefferson.