Dinner

Dating/Living together AU
- Older ages than real life -

Sean had been working tirelessly on a project for Brian Friedman. It was a choreo project that he was going to be teaching in a Brian Friedman class, and that was a lot of pressure.

"Why don't you come to dinner with us?" Kaycee asked, walking into the room where Sean was rehearsing. "You've been in here all day."

"Who's "us"?" Sean asked, turning to where Kaycee was standing in the doorway.

"Well, it was supposed to be Natalie, Katherine, and I, but they ditched, so I very well could be going to dinner by myself." Kaycee frowned.

"Well, we wouldn't want that, would we?" Sean smiled.

"No, we wouldn't, so are you coming?" Kaycee taunted.

"Of course." Sean turned the music off and grabbed his coat, starting out the door with Kaycee, kissing the side of her forehead as they left.

~~~~~

Sean opened the door to the restaurant for Kaycee. "Thank you." Kaycee smiled. Sean and Kaycee walked up to the hostess, who led them to a corner booth. Kaycee flipped through the menu. She looked up when she noticed Sean wasn't answering her questions. "Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope." Kaycee reached over the table and snatched Sean's phone from his fingertips. She frowned when she saw his choreo notes open. "You're not working on this." Kaycee put his phone in her purse. "Nope. This dinner is your distraction."

Sean half smiled. "Thanks, Kayce."

"Of course." Kaycee smiled, looking back at the menu. "You should get a burger."

Sean chuckled. "No."

"Get a burger. You deserve it. You've been working all day, order a good burger." Kaycee sat the menu down.

"Fine. I'll get a burger." Sean laughed. And two burgers, two chocolate milkshakes, and a split large order of fries later, the two were talking about heading back to the studios. "Alright, so, I'll see you tomorrow, right?" Sean asked.

"Um, no. You're not going back to the studios." Kaycee told Sean. "I'm not letting you work any longer, you've been here all day." Sean frowned.

"Kayce, I have to finish this. I can't disappoint Brian, I--" Sean started, but Kaycee cut him off.

"No, no, no, you are starting down a dangerous path." Kaycee walked closer to Sean, wrapping him in another hug.

"No, Kaycee, please, there's a lot riding on this!" Sean exclaimed, breaking the hug up, and starting to pace the empty studio.

"Quit pacing, stop. We're going to go home, okay. Okay?" Kaycee grabbed Sean's hand. "We'll get some rest and figure this out in the morning." Sean tried to fight back, but he realized it was no use.

~~~~~

Fifteen minutes later, the couple was back home, and Sean and Kaycee were laying down, facing each other. "I love you, you know that." Kaycee started. "And I know you want to get this piece done, but you need to take care of yourself."

Sean sighed, knowing his girlfriend was right. He leaned forward and kissed her forehead. "Thank you for this."

"Of course. Now, tell me that dinner wasn't good." Kaycee chuckled.

"Okay, I'll give you that one." Sean laughed. "Thank you for taking me to dinner."

~~~~~

A/N: Comment prompts! Nothing dirty, please! Xoxo! ❤