Quit

"What are you still doing up?" Kaycee asked, making Sean jump.

He looked up at the girl at the middle of the staircase. "I have the same question for you. Somethin' keeping you awake, Love?"

Kaycee shrugged. "Eh, just couldn't sleep." Sean nodded as Kaycee went all the way down the stairs and sat beside the other dancer. "What's wrong? You're never, ever up this late."

Sean sighed, running his hands through his already, uncharacteristically messy hair. "If I tell you something, will you promise not to freak out?" He asked.

Kaycee's heart raced at this, but she kept a calm demeanor. "Of course. What's going on?"

"Remember that conversation we all had over dinner a couple weeks ago?" Sean nervously fiddled with the hem of his tshirt.

"Yeah, I do. Why does that..." Kaycee stopped herself once she realized where this was going. "Sean, did you start smoking again?" The man slowly nodded. "Sean!" Kaycee stood up from the sofa.

"You promised you wouldn't freak out!" Sean borderline shouted. He gently pushed her back down to sit on the couch. Kaycee took a few deep breaths as she sat back down. "You have to hear me out, though."

"Alright." Kaycee grabbed a blanket off of the back of the couch and curled herself up under it, seeing as a midnight draft had suddenly sent a chill through the room through the cracked window.

"Okay, listen...I smoked one cigarette. Just one."

Kaycee frowned. "Sean, you promised to stay clean for the shows!"

"I know, I know, but Kayce, I was stressed, it was late, I don't know. Just...old habits came back up." He explained.

"Why didn't you just turn to one of us, then? You could've always just talked to me. Sean, why did you turn back to smoking?" Kaycee asked. Sean parted his lips to speak, but Kaycee kept talking. "You could cope in such healthier ways, you--"

"Kaycee, shut up!" Sean shouted, threatening to wake the whole house. "Just listen to me!"

"Fine, what do you have to say?"

"Would you rather me have gotten drunk?" Sean asked. "Because I could've done that." Kaycee sighed. "Or I could've done something self destructive. Is that how you'd rather me cope with the stress of this show?"

"No, Sean, I don't mean that you should've gotten drunk, or that you should've hurt yourself or done something destructive. I'm not saying that, I'm just saying that--" Kaycee stopped herself suddenly.

"You're saying what?" Sean asked, coldly, fed up with this situation, also partially frustrated for even walking himself right into this mess.

Kaycee took a deep breath and sniffed as she started to tear up. She loved everyone in the Company, and just the mere thought of Sean falling back into his old, unhealthy habits was enough to bring Kaycee almost to full on tears. "I'm saying that I care so much about you, Sean. I care about you so much, I care about everyone in this company. It's not even the fact that you broke the promise, its that you're falling back into your old habits, and that's scary!" Kaycee sighed.

"I smoked one cigarette, Kaycee, I promise you that I'm not falling back into old habits. Listen, I just needed to get that off of my chest. I'm headed to bed." He mumbled, headed towards the staircase.

"Wait." Kaycee quickly cut him off before he could go up the stairs. Kaycee studied Sean's exhausted looking face before placing her hands on either one of his shoulders and pressing her lips to his.