Pretty

I fell in love with husband Sean too ❤

"Hey, Kayce! I'm home!" Sean called, setting the bags of groceries down on the tile. "Kayce?" He called once more. Sean traveled throughout the house, and froze when he heard Kaycee's voice sigh from their bedroom. Sean made his way to the room, and through the open bathroom door, where Kaycee was standing. It didn't take long for Sean to realize Kaycee was standing on the scale with just a sports bra and a pair of black leggings on. Sean cleared his throat to grab her attention.

Kaycee visibly flinched when the sound of Sean clearing his throat cut through her thoughts. She quickly jumped off the scale when she realized Sean was standing right there. "Oh, hi, Love, I didn't realize you were home, I would've--"

"What are you doing?" Sean asked, stopping Kaycee mid sentence.

"What?" Kaycee asked.

"What are you doing in here, and why are your eyes so red? Have you been crying, Princess?" Sean asked, his thumb starting to rub back and forth on Kaycee's cheek.

"Oh...no..." Kaycee blatantly lied.

"Kayce? I've known you forever, I can tell when you're lying, Love. What's going on?" Sean asked, grabbing her hand and pulling her out of the bathroom.

"Sean?" Kaycee began. "Am I pretty?"

Sean immediately turned around at this. "Pretty? Kaycee, you're gorgeous, both inside and out. Why would you even ask such a thing?"

Kaycee bowed her head as tears resurfaced in her eyes. "I was cut from an audition today. They...they told me I wasn't pretty enough."

"What?" Sean asked, almost breathlessly. Kaycee exhaled loudly as she pinched the skin on her waist between her thumb and her index finger. "Hey, stop that." Sean grabbed her hand. "I know what's going through your head, and I don't like it."

"Sean--"

"No, you're beautiful, Kaycee. And you can't let the words of one snippy director let you think that you're not." Sean told her. "You're stunning, My Love."

"Thanks, Sean." Kaycee whispered, a small smile marked her lips. "I love you."

"I love you more, Beautiful."

~~~~~

Aw short and sweet ❤