Navy (Quatre)

Kaycee swallowed hard. "I-I mean..." She stammered. Sean kissed the top of his wife's head as he pulled her into a hug. "My father left us in such turmoil, and I don't think that I can fix it." Kaycee admitted. "I don't know how to be a good Queen, and everyone is expecting me to be." Kaycee buried her head into the crook of Sean's neck. "How can I be a good queen if I can't even be a good wife?"

"Excuse me?" Sean asked, lifting Kaycee's chin from his neck.

"I'm not fit to be Queen, Sean, I cannot do it." Kaycee shook her head.

"And do you think I'm fit to be King?!" Sean exclaimed, making Kaycee wince. "I-I'm horrified! But we're going to do it together." Sean nodded. "Alright? We'll reign together."

Kaycee nodded. "Thank you, Sean."

"Of course. Now, how about we get something to eat?" Sean suggested.

~~~~~

"What do you think will happen?" Kaycee asked, her voice filling the air that had only previously been occupied by the sound of silverware clinking against plates.

"What do I think will happen when?" Sean asked, taking a sip of wine from his glass.

Kaycee looked up from her semi-finished plate. "When events start occurring."

"And what do you mean by that?" Sean's eyebrows bent in confusion.

"I mean what do you think will happen when--" Kaycee began, but was interrupted.

"Your Highness," A guard entered the room. "I am so sorry to interrupt on your meal, but there is a package for you."

"Can it wait?" Kaycee asked.

The gaurd looked between Sean and Kaycee. "I was instructed to inform you both on it's presence as soon as it arrived."

"Very well." Sean looked at Kaycee, then back at the gaurd. He set his napkin down and stood up from the table, Kaycee followed suit.

"It is in the office for you."

"Thank you." The new King and Queen nodded.

The office had become a somewhat haunted place to Kaycee. She hadn't been in there since the passing of her father, and now that there was a spontaneous package for her, she couldn't even imagine what was behind that heavy door. Sean opened said door to reveal two glass enclosures, both enveloped in a sheet of purple velvet. Sean and Kaycee slowly approached the boxes, and they removed the velvet from the tops. Once the fabric was off, before them sat two perfect crowns. One for the King, and one for the Queen. Kaycee's eyes widened at the sight of this treasure. She frantically looked over to Sean before she covered the glass back up with the velvet. Kaycee quickly left the office room, hurrying her way back to the table. Once she reached there, she continued to eat her dinner like nothing had happened. Sean was slow to arrive back to the table, though he did come. No other words were exchanged between the two as they finished their evening meal.

~~~~~

"I knew I could find you here." Sean said, making Kaycee flinch. It was the middle of the night, and Kaycee was nowhere to be found near her bed. "I reckon you shouldn't be wandering around these corridors so late." Sean teased.

Kaycee dryly chuckled, she lifted her gaze from the Queen's crown that was still behind the glass, to her husband. "I am not a child." She dully joked back.

Sean stepped deeper into the office. "Why are you still awake?" He asked, in all seriousness. His voice melted into a calming, loving tone, as he placed a hand on either side of Kaycee's waist.

"Couldn't sleep." Kaycee looked back to the crown, but Sean turned her chin back.

"What's keeping you awake?" Sean asked, pressing a kiss to Kaycee's forehead.

"The same thing that's keeping the rest of the country awake." Kaycee admitted.

Sean frowned slightly as he traced his wife's gaze back to the crown cases. "Well," He started. "We can resolve this one piece at a time. Start at the top. What's the first thing on your mind?"

"What they'll call me." Kaycee said, looking back at Sean.

"Who?"

"Everyone. Will they call me Queen Katherine, or Queen Kaycee."

"I believe that's up to you." Sean pondered on the question for a moment. "You are the Queen after all." Kaycee gently shrugged. "What's next?" Sean's thumb gently rubbed up and down the right side of Kaycee's waist.

"I'm just generally nervous." She shrugged. "For everything."

Sean nodded. "I can understand that. But here's what I think will fix it." Kaycee frowned as Sean's hands left her waistline, but her frown turned into a look of confusion as she watched Sean remove the glass covering from around the crown. "Does being able to touch it make you less nervous? Does it give you a sense of reality?" Sean asked, gesturing for Kaycee to come closer to the table. She did. Kaycee gently reached out a dainty finger, and she cautiously touched the tip of the crown, as if it was going to cut her. She quickly pulled her manicured fingertip away and shook her head. "No?" Sean repeated quietly. "What would make you less nervous? Because I don't like when you're so scared that you can't sleep."

"I don't know." Kaycee whispered.

"Does this help?" Sean asked, placing his palms back on her waist. Kaycee shivered slightly as Sean pressed a kiss to the side of her neck. His kisses traveled up to her jawline, one even being placed behind her ear, and Sean's lips soon found Kaycee's.

Kaycee gently shook her head once they separated when oxygen became a necessity. "Sean, I love you, but I'm sorry." Kaycee looked down, trying to hard to hide her face.

Sean frowned, but soon an idea came to his mind. "May I try to fix one thing?"

"You can try." Kaycee told him, slowly looking up at Sean.

Sean nodded and walked back over to the crown. He delicately picked it up, and walked over to Kaycee. Sean placed it on her head and tilted her chin up. "Long live Queen Kaycee." Sean whispered.

Kaycee frowned slightly. "Now that you say it aloud, I think I like "Katherine" more."

Sean smiled. "Then long live Queen Katherine, even though you'll still be "Kaycee" to me." He said as he captured Kaycee's lips in a kiss once more.

~~~~~

I can't tell you how happy I am that you all love this little series so much! ❤