(chapter five) Cigarette smoke and Cinnamon

"but don't act like you weren't about to snog my face of before me mam came in." He whispered into my ear.

That dick.

I felt my face darken and I giggled nervously. He was right, I really wanted to kiss him. I could feel the tension in the room as I saw his eyes trail up and down my body through the corner of my eyes. I froze under his gaze as he slowly moved across the bed to be closer to me. I could still feel his stare on me as he spoke out,

"Are you gonna' look at me, sweet'eart?" his voice deep.

I turned my head to his direction and I was suddenly granted with a sense of confidence as our eyes connected. I shuffled closer to him. Our thighs were now touching and he laid his hand behind me on the bed, dangerously close to my bum, to support himself.

"So," I started, not leaving his eyes once, "where were we again?" I said in a huskier voice than usual.

He lifted his other hand and planted it onto my face and he caressed my cheek with his thumb gently. I almost instantly smashed my lips against his. I felt fireworks explode in my stomach as his chapped, yet soft lips moved against mine. He tasted like cigarettes and mint. Our eyes were both closed and one of my hands travelled into his soft hair, tugging at the ends of it on the back of his neck, earning a soft groan from him. I instinctively carried on playing with his hair, craving to hear the sound again. I felt his tongue graze against my bottom lip, asking for entry, so I parted my lips slightly and granted him entrance. His hand which was perched on the bed behind me, travelled up inside the back of my shirt, he rubbed and grazed his fingertips gently over my skin and I let out a quiet noise of pleasure causing him chuckle onto my lips. Deep into the kiss a reminder quickly popped into my mind, I'd promised my mum that i'd be home by 8pm to get ready for my uncles 50th birthday party which was going to be later tonight. I unwillingly pulled my lips away from Liam's and he whined at the sudden loss of contact.

"I'm so sorry, I remembered I promised my mum that I'd be back by 8 and it's now.." I looked over to the clock on his bedside table, "quarter to 8.." I told him with a face of guilt and he just nodded understandingly.

"It's alreyt', these things 'appen." He shrugged. "I'll walk you home." He offered, I shook my head.

"No, you don't have to, I'm sure I'll manage by myself-" I quickly told him before he interrupted me, placing his index finger over my lips.

"Shut the fuck up. It's dark outside and I'm walking you home." He strictly demanded.

I rolled my eyes and smiled at his stubborn behaviour. Liam always made sure to put me before himself no matter what. He is very overprotective of me and the things I do, but even though that trait of his can be a real pain in the arse at times, I couldn't be more grateful for it.

Once we were ready to leave we made our way outside his front door and into the street. The dim streetlights that shined onto the ground caused the small speckles of ice on the pavement to glisten, as if glitter had been thrown all over the concrete. Small clouds of vapour came out of our mouths every time we took breathes due to the chilly air surrounding us. I started to shiver as the cold wind nibbled at my skin, causing goosebumps to form along my body. I hugged my torso in attempt cover the exposed skin of my arms, as I had definitely not dressed appropriately for the current weather. Liam peered over to me as he noticed my efforts and immediately pulled off his hoodie and handed it to me without question.

"Liam, don't be silly, your going to be freezing! put it back on i'm fine." I told him as I pushed away his hoodie and shook my head.

"Lu, just take the bloody jumper. I'm fine and your freezin' to death you goon." He said in his strict tone, once again.

I opened my mouth to start speaking in protest once more before he launched the hoodie right into my face, stopping anything but a muffled word from leaving my mouth. He laughed loudly at his perfect aim and I pulled the hoodie away from my face and punched him in the chest softly, jokingly frowning at his behaviour, before putting the hoodie on. I let the soft and oversized clothing engulf my small frame, just falling half way down my thighs. The fabric was already warm from being on his body and my shivering relaxed as I inhaled his cosy scent. He smelt like cigarette smoke and cinnamon and I loved it. I looked up to him and thanked him and we set off walking again.

"You should wear my clothes more y'know." He told me, nudging my shoulder slightly causing me to blush and smile at his recommendation. "I'm serious, you look cute" he said quietly, now the both of us blushing and smiling at each other like idiots.

"Thanks Li" I said shyly whilst he wrapped his arm around my shoulder, gently pulling me into his side, causing me to slither my arm around his waist as we continued walking to my place.

As a comfortable silence took over, my mind travelled to the events that occurred before we left and I found myself consciously running my fingertips over my lips as I remembered how Liams warm, soft lips felt on mine. I also wondered what could of happened if I hadn't stopped the kiss. My face flushed a deep red as the thoughts rushed around my mind. I think Liam was thinking about the kiss as well, as I could see his barely visible face blush under the dark lighting. We continued walking in each others arms for around two more minutes before we found ourselves at the bottom of my driveway.

I unwillingly parted from beneath his arm and sighed at the loss of his warm embrace and we both faced each other, looking into each others eyes with sheepish smiles.

"Well," I sighed "I guess this is goodbye for tonight Gallagher." I joked, giving him an over dramatic pout of sadness .

"It is indeed." He replied, with an equally saddened voice, wiping an invisible tear and flicking it away with his index finger. I giggled loudly at his acting and he let out a small chuckle. Once our short laughter subsided, Liam wrapped both his arms around my waist and gently pulled me in for a hug, as I wrapped my arms around his torso and nuzzled my face into his chest, inhaling his soft scent. His head was tucked between my neck and I felt his gentle breaths tickle the skin and giggled as I tried to pull away from him but he just squeezed me tighter than before. He started to tickle me more by planting tiny kisses in the crook of my neck so I started to laugh louder before he stopped, but still clinging onto me.

"Alright big guy, thats enough for tonight" I laughed, patting his back as he finally let go. "I best get going, mum's gonna' be wondering where I am." I said and smiled sadly whilst he frowned. I stood on my tiptoes to slowly plant a soft kiss on Liams cheek, causing his frown to turn into a wide grin and his cheeks to flush a red tint.

"Bye Li."

"Bye Lu." He replied quietly before I parted from him and turned to stroll up my driveway. Once I reached my door I gave him a quick wave which he returned with a smile. I turned back to face my door before quickly turning back around to him as I remembered I was still wearing his hoodie.

"Wait, Liam your hoodie!" You shouted over to him. He stopped walking and turned around.

"Nah, don't worry keep it!" He waved it off, "Looks better on you anyway!" He winked with a cheeky grin. You shook your head and smirked at him before turning around to enter your house.