Chapter 5

•Ashton•

After I had finished with the drumming group, I walked toward the cafeteria.

Cory, a boy in my group, followed close behind me. "Whatcha need, little man?" I turn around and glance at him.

"I don't know where my counselor is."

"Well who's your counselor?" I ask him.

"Miss Naomi." he responded.

Naomi Herriford, I think her last name was. Her collar bone length brown hair was wrapped into a braid down her back this morning. By the look of it, I'd guess one her kids did it.

Apparently, she and Luke fancied each other back in the day, which explains why they were so awkward around each other.

I had seen Naomi walk past my cabin window, and Luke shortly after her. Our cabin was closest to the lake.

I wouldn't say I was being nosey, but I opened my window, just to make sure Luke wouldn't try anything with her. I don't think Naomi knew that he was known for the amount of girls he'd been with.

He had been a junior counselor for a couple of years and both years, he got flirty with some of the younger counselors.

I could see her glaring at him and Kat this morning at breakfast, so I decided to sit with her. She really was very pretty and sweet with the kids.

I contemplated talking to her about Luke, but I didn't want to start anything.

"Let's go find her, then." I smiled and walked next to the boy.

I think she'd be in the art room, since that's where her group met, but it was time for lunch, so maybe she'd be in the cafeteria.

"You're a good drummer, Mr. Ashton." Cory interrupted my thoughts.

"Thanks! You too, man." I gave him a high five. He could keep a mad beat despite his young age. I guessed him to be about eight.

When we arrived at the cafeteria, all the other groups were already lined up. Except for Naomi's.

Three of her kids stood without her. "Where's your counselor, guys?"

They all shrugged. "We can't find Charlie either!" Lily looked up at me with her bottom lip out.

"Aw, we'll find 'em!" I told her. She grinned big and squinted her eyes shut. She was so cute.

"Mikey!" I yelled to him before he started up the stairs to the mess hall.

"Hey, Irwin!"

"Have you seen Naomi or.. " I looked to Lily. "Charlie!" she reminds me. "Yeah, Charlie." I tell him.

"I haven't seen Naomi since this morning, but Charlie was in my group. We started talking a bit and I gave her one of the boxes of dye I brought for myself."

"You gave her dye?!" I questioned. If it was permanent, her parents will not be happy.

"Yeah! I got to go, though. I'm losing my kids." Michael went inside and left me alone with Naomi's kids.

"Any idea where they'd be?" I asked them. They shrugged.

"She left the art room and told us to line up here. I think she said she was going to 'freshen up' or whatever." the tomboyish looking girl said, rolling her eyes.

"In the cabin?" I inquire. Who 'freshens up' at summer camp? She was obviously trying to impress someone.

"I think so."

I couldn't leave the kids here and there was no point in dragging them up that hill, so I took them inside to sit with my team until Naomi and Charlie decided to show up.

Naomi's POV

I spotted Ashton and my kids in the place we had sat for breakfast this morning. Charlie had found them when I was talking to Kat about Michael.

I made my way over to them and sat down. "Geez Luigis, this first day has been tiring." I tell Ashton. "Thanks for getting the kids, by the way. We had a little incident with this one." I pointed to Charlie.

"Was your hair red before?" he asks her, raising one eyebrow.

"Uh. No." she looks down.

"Thanks to Michael."

"He told me." Ashton says, shaking his head. "He can be a bit careless sometimes." he laughs. His laugh made me laugh. It was safe to say that Ashton Irwin made me smile.

"Counselors meeting in the counselors lounge after lake activities." Ashton reminds me.

"Oh I forgot about that. Thanks. Have you seen Luke?"

Ashton's eyes dart to mine and his smile fades. "I think he's with Kat, but I could be wrong." I scan the room in search for the blonde.

"Naomi, can we meet later during free time and talk?"

My eyes dart back to Ashton. "Yeah! Sure." What did he want to talk about?

"Meet in the pavilion at three?" he glances at his watch. "It's twelve now, games end at two, and the counselors meeting goes for about forty five minutes."

"Sounds good." I smile. Both of our teams stand up to throw their food away and I go to the bathroom to wash my hands.

On the way there, I almost bump into Luke, coming out of the men's bathroom. "Omi, I haven't seen you all morning." he bites his lip.

"I was looking for you, actually. But I didn't want to interrupt your chat with Kat." I start to walk into the bathroom.

"Actually, I was wondering if we could hang out after the counselor meeting."

Luke wants to hang out with me even though he spent so much time talking to Kat?

"I'd love to!"

A/n

AWW POOR ASHTON! So this is a short chapter but I'll be updating again today to make up for it.

Nuke or Ashomi?

I'm on the Ashomi side of things right now, to be honest.

100 READS GUYS I JUST STARTED THIS!! I love you!!

PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE FOR MORE UPDATES

LOVE LOVE LOVE