Forever is a long time but I wouldn't mind spending it with you

Phil’s POV

Dan has been at Tracey’s recently. At least Tracey said so. I’m not sure. I’m worried. Maybe she just said that because she didn’t want to tell me where Dan is. Maybe it’s because he hates me now. Maybe she knew where he is and maybe she knew he isn’t doing so well. Maybe he isn’t coming home anymore. Home. Does he even call this apartment his home anymore? There were so many maybe’s and so few answers. He isn’t coming come, is he? He would never come back, right? I’m not sure why, but I went into Dan’s room and lay down in his bed, inhaling his scent. Who knows for how long I’m still able to do so. I must have fallen asleep in his bed because I woke up when I heard the apartment door moving. Was that Dan? No, it can’t be Dan. It was 8 in the evening. This couldn’t be him. I was so close to cry because I knew Dan was never coming home again. But then again, who just went into our apartment? I decided to not care and continued cuddling with Dan’s pillow. I got a little bit scared when someone walked closer to the door of Dan’s room, where I was laying. Okay, okay, I was really scared. I don’t know who was behind that door, but he didn’t come in. I was even more afraid now and I didn’t know what to do.

Dan’s POV

I stood in front of the door that was leading to my room. It was closed. I wanted to open it, but then I reminded myself that Phil probably didn’t want me here anymore. I stood there for about 20 minutes looking at the door. After that, I collapsed and started crying. This was too much for me. “Who’s there?”, I heard a scared voice saying. Was that Phil? In my room? It should be. Who else could it be? What was he doing there? First I needed to give him an answer. “The disgusting disappointment of an awful human being”, I said while sobbing. I heard someone get out of bed behind the door. Did he sleep in my bed? Why? There were so many unanswered questions right now, but I hoped to get an answer to each of them very soon. The footprints stopped behind the door. “Let me in”, I said quietly. “No”, he replied. “But that’s my room”, I protested. “But I don’t want you to come in to pack your things and leave.” I heard some sobs behind that door. He didn’t want me to leave? “I-I won’t… I mean, I won’t if you don’t want me to”, I said raising my hopes up a little too high. He opened that door carefully and I walked in. I didn’t ask him if he slept in my bed, I didn’t ask him why he didn’t want me to leave. I just walked in and gave him a big hug. That’s all I needed right now. He hugged me back, but this moment got destroyed very soon by him asking “Isn’t that too disgusting for you?” I looked at him confused. “This little faggot is hugging you”, he said and I could tell his eyes were about to fill with tears when I wouldn’t say anything right now. But honestly, I really didn’t know what to say. “Then tell me; is it for you?”, I managed to say. He shook his head. “So why should it be like that for me?” “Because I’m that stupid fag and you…” He didn’t manage to say anything else when I put his hands around my neck and my own on his waist, pulling him closer to me. “I’m what, Phil?”, I asked playfully. He was speechless; you could tell by the way he looked at me. I pushed him against the wall and looked into his ocean blue eyes. He was still kind of confused but I’m sure I saw a smile on his face. I took both of his hands and pressed them against the wall above his head. I think he could tell what was going to happen now because he closed his eyes and I closed mine. Then I pressed my lips against his. The kiss was only a few seconds long, but it felt right, oh, it felt so right. I pushed him right onto my bed. I sat down on his lap. “Let’s continue where we stopped last time”, I whispered and put my hand under his shirt. He smiled at me and I smiled in return. I took off his shirt and placed kisses all over his body. He moaned and I went back to his neck and surrounded it with kisses. “I love you, Phil”, I whispered. “What? I couldn’t hear you”, he said jokingly. I was sitting upright now when I said “Philip Lester, I love you and only you and nothing will ever change that!” He blushed and gave me a shy smile. “I love you too, Dan.”