Chapter two

The voice pov.

After I and the partner loaded the girls into the car trunk, we speed off in a frenzy. The cops were hot on our backs. We had to take a shortcut through a corn maze. The ops were lost as hell.

When we finally made it to the crib, I took the one named Jaylynn to the third floor (top floor).

     I opened up the first door to find a room full of money.

    Imma be back for a couple stacks.

     Even though I'm getting paid 8 stacks for this job, I'm a greedy nigga so imma take what I want.

I opened another door that was I guess her bedroom.

I dropped her onto her bed and left her room. As I was walking down the hall to the money room. I heard two shots rung out throughout the house.

It was a setup. Fuck!

I ran to the money and grabbed as much as I could fit in my pants. I was about to do the dash when I felt the barrel of the gun touch the back of my skull.

      "Where you think you going with my money bro," I heard creature chuckle behind me.

"I'm just taking my share for kidnapping the girls," I said shaking because I knew what was to come next.

"Then why you didn't say that before my G. Go on head, your job is done," he explained taking me off guard.

He removed the gun from my head and gave me a dab.

"Ard thanks my G," I said letting out a breath I had been holding in.

Thank god I ain't got to worry about my daughter having to grow up without a father. I only do this to provide. Sometimes I get a little too wrapped up in this world like a couple of minutes ago, but I'm improving.

As I was walking out the door, creature called out to me. I turned around and everything went black.

(BOOM!)