Part 1

Hi my name is Aria, I'm 13 almost 14 and I have a great life...or at least I did. Let me tell you what happened. My parents, my twin brother, and I were going out for dessert. We were going to "Sweet and Sassy" it was our favorite place for dessert. On our way home we were rocking out to a song, and my dad was driving and some random guy hit us and we went over the bridge. The guy was texting and driving. I don't really remember what all happened since I kinda blacked out. All I remember is that when our car hit the water the impact was so strong I hit my head on my moms seat and that's how I blacked out. When I finally came to my brother and I were in ambulance's with the backs facing each other so we could see each other. I was looking around for our parents and I saw another ambulance with a body bag on it...I start freaking out. They only put someone in a body bag if they are dead! I can't lose a family member! I just can't handle that much pain! Please let my family be ok! Apparently I was freaking out so much that they injected me with General Anesthesia. The last thing I remember before blacking out again was the doctor talking but I didn't get it all, the doctor stated "Cason is fine for the most part, but your parents are a different story, I am sorry to tell you that your....passed away but your....is alive, however....is in a coma." The doctor was still talking but I blacked out before I could hear everything the doctor was saying.

      Carson and I were in a shared hospital room, Carson was talking to me but I wasn't really paying attention, I couldn't remember if the ambulance scene was a dream or if it was real and no nurses would answer me and they said they can only tell me the condition of the rest of my family members when I am in a better mental state. Which I respect their decision. Carson had to get stitches in his left forearm and he broke his left wrist and he also broke his right pinky. I on the other hand had to get stitches on the right side of my temple which resulted in me getting a severe Diffuse Axonal concussion, I broke my right collarbone, and pulled a hamstring in my left thigh. After a couple of weeks the nurses said I was in a much better mental state and they wanted to wait until some of my brothers and my friends came to tell me the news. I figured it was for emotional support.

A couple of hours later

      Terra and Adara came for my emotional support so did their parents.

      "Aria dear! You have no idea how worried we have been once we heard what happened! Terra wanted to visit you earlier but they said you weren't in a good mental state for visitors." Mrs. Parks said.

      "Thank you for your concern Mr. and Mrs. Park and I'm sorry but I wasn't in a good mental state, I am now on a couple different medicines, they told me what they were but I don't remember what they are....and the pain from injuries was so much I was always crying so they had to put me on a stronger pain medicine which made me loopy for a couple days." I whispered embarrassed of my condition.

      "Oh you have all finally arrived. Hello my name is Dr.Tucker." Dr. Tucker shook the parents hands, while he was doing that Adara and Terra walked over to my bed and held my hands. "Well now that you guys are here, I want to tell the twins what condition their parents are in. I will start with the worse one." as he said that the flashback of the ambulance came to me. They only put someone in a body bag if they are dead! I can't lose a family member! I just can't handle that much pain! Please let my family be ok! "You mother Hanna Austin, unfortunately passed away. However you father Ethan Austin survived the crash, but he is in a coma. I have no clue how long he will be in it but from the looks of the brain damage from the crash, it's going to be at least half a year. I suggest you guys find somewhere to stay. I am sorry to bring you two this bad news, you guys are so young and have already lost more than most people your age." I didn't even realize how much I was crying until I started hiccuping. Terra and Adara hugged me while I cried into their shoulders.

      "We can take Aria and Carson in, we have two extra rooms anyways." Said Mrs.Inc

      "And you would be?" Questioned Dr.Tucker.

      "Sorry, my name is Vanessa Inc, this is my husband Kale Inc, we are Tyler and Jackson's parents. Tyler and Carson are best friends and Tyler and Aria are in the same friend group. Also I went to high school with Hanna and we were best friends." Vanessa said.

      "Carson, Aria are you two ok with Vanessa and Kale taking you in." Carson nodded before I did, I slowly nodded my head yes. "Are you two sure, because after they fill out the paperwork then it is final no changing you temporary guardian." Again Carson and I nodded our heads yes. Carson and I were too heartbroken to speak. "Ok Mrs. Inc, can you and your husband come with me to fill out paperwork?"

      Mrs. Inc and Mr.Inc followed Dr.Tucker out to fill out the paperwork while the others and I just sat/stood still in silence.

I hope you enjoyed this sad chapter. I'm not going to make any promises that there wont be any more sad chapters. Anyway this chapter is 982 words. I really hope you enjoy it. And don't forget to like it!

XOXO, Riley