Prologue

Hi. Hello there. Yes. I have decided to rewrite this story entirely, so kuddos to me (I deserve it). I'm an idiot, I know it, you know it, we acknowledged it, and we will never speak of it again.

Anyway, I wrote this in a Kane Chronicles kind of way. You'll see what I mean (great series by the way. You should read it).

Some things are unlikely. Others are impossible. And then, there's our case. Our dad is Tony Stark. That's a whole new level of impossibly unimaginable that it created a whole new level of its own. 

Let me rewind a bit. My name is Amalea Stark-- Santiago prior to that, when Mom was still alive.

I'm twelve years old and I have a twin brother named Alex. And if you're listening to this, it either means we're dead, someone hacked us, or Dad looked into my computer. If that's the case, then get your ugly sausage fingers away from my laptop.

[No, Alex, I am not overreacting, I am simply stating that I value my privacy.]

In any case, the reason you're listening to this is because Alex and I decided to make three recordings recounting everything that's happened to us. The things that we didn't tell anyone. Or that the media cut out.

And if we decided to record our story, it's because the media got it all wrong and we just want to tell you what really happened. Of course, we weren't there. But Dad told us things that no one knows. And knowing him, he'll never tell anyone, even if the media used what happened against him, so that's why we're here.

[Alex this is a recording. No one's gonna know or care if I'm eating cereal in my pajamas while recounting this. Alex… Alex, it's four in the morning. I've done worse. Can we go on, please? Or is my fashion choice more relevant?]

Right. Like I said, we weren't there for most of it, but that's the thing, what we missed was the most televised and talked about part of this whole story. So really, we're just going to tell you about a murder, a journey, a life changing choice, a betrayal, and the beginning of a legend. We're turning on the lights so you won't have to fix your eyes only on what the media decided to shine their flashlight on.

[Shut up Alex, you know I like to be dramatic. It's the Stark genes].

Now that we kind of gave you a short foreword... prologue... synopsis... whatever this is supposed to be, we can get on with the story. Preferably before Dad wakes up.

[Shut up! No, we won't wake him. Well if you keep this up, we just might,  so shut up and let me tell my part].