Chapter 17

(Lucy POV)

I woke up from my nap and my back was killing me. This is one of the last times I sleep in a chair. I check the time to find it is early morning. I felt a hand tighten around my hand, and look down to find Natsu tossing and turning in his sleep.

"Lucy... no...can't be dead... need you..." I sighed and removed the towel to see if his fever had come down at all. Sadly, it seemed to be almost worse. I changed out the towel, then went to make a big breakfast. After an hour of cooking, a scream was rattled its way through my small apartment. I jumped and ran to my bedroom to find Natsu curled into a ball crying.

"Natsu..? What's wrong?" I reached my hand out to him and it was smacked away. 

"You're not Lucy... Lucy is dead... I killed her..." Natsu said as he voice broke while he spoke. My heart broke as he spoke. I moved closer against his protests and hugged him.

"You did not kill me. I am not dead. I am alive and I'm holding you in my arms. Please don't mourn me when I'm not gone." I did something I've been wanting to do for a while, I kissed him. He froze, to in shock to move until he registered (Does natsu even know that word? It might be too big for him) that I... HIS Lucy was kissing him. He pulled me closely and deepened the kiss. "I love you Natsu."

He started to cry slightly. "I love you, too, Luce."

"Now, lie back down. You're still sick so I'll bring u some food." I went to get some food and when I came back he had his signature Cheshire grin waiting for me.