Caleigh: Scared

Someone's here.

  I feel there presents, hear there slow breathing, I smell there nervous sweat. To survive I must be prepared for anything and everything.

          Even when sleeping.

      I quietly slipped my hand under my pillow, without alerting the one on the right side of my room that I had moved. Feeling for the handle to my dagger I heard them pause for a second.

             I froze my movements.

       After it went back to What it was doing I grabbed hold of my handle. Listening carefully, I took a deep breath. My back faced them but I could easily find there location.  An without another second wasted I threw the knife in their direction.

      "Shit." I heard the man curse from the knife almost hitting his head.

      I turned to face the intruder, only to see my dad standing there with a small slash on his cheek that trickled a little blood. He gave me a approving look while pulling the knife out the wall.

      "Good job." He sat next me handing me back my knife.

       My dad has trained me well ever since that night, the night my life changed. I had told them what happened and they believed me. They told me everything, how what I saw was called a demon, and how they hunt them. Although they never wanted me to find out that they were demon hunters, I'm glad they told me the truth. Being a hunter has been great for me. I even have a partner, his name is Aiden. He's in a Foster home now because his parents didn't want him.

          Sad, isn't it?

    He's really quiet and doesn't smile, he basically likes to keep to himself. But we are partners and we trust each other. The first demon he's ever saw was six years ago, and has been training ever since. Unlike me I've only been training for four but I train as hard as I can.

        I nodded and began to play with my amulet that hung around my neck. The stone that was on it was a greenish blue color.

       Dad noticed me playing with it and covered his hands over mine. "You know to never take that off?  Ever, right?" He frowned and stared at our hands, with were overlapping mine.

       "I know." He would always tell me never to take it off, even in the shower. He says it's to protect me, that it keeps the darkness away. Although I don't remember my past very much my dad says my Mom gave it to me when I was five. He told me that my aunt Jessica - a witch - made the amulet for my Mom and she passed it on to me.

        "Get ready for school, kiddo." Dad patted my head and got up heading to the door but pausing in the door way. "Thanks for not killing your old man." He grinned and left. He was right I could of killed him but his presents, I knew it was him.

       Getting up and going into my bathroom that was in my room. I washed up while humming If I die young.

       Once I was done I put on plaid skirt and a white shirt to match. I quickly brush through my hair and slipped on my vans. The only make-up I wore was eyeliner, mascara, and red lipstick. Grabbing my bag I head down for some quick breakfast.

       Once I hit the bottom step I heard Ella's voice. "Mommy, you burnt my pancakes!"

      "Oh Ella stop being a spoiled brat and eat them, starving kids would love to have those." Mom was in a jeans and a pink shirt, hair pulled up and cooking.

      "Well, give it to them then." Ella muttered under her breath. Ella was a spoiled brat but really she was a good girl.

     I smiled at her comment and sat next to dad across from Ella.