A Great Saturday

CHAPTER 4: A GREAT SATURDAY

April 13, 1912, Saturday

ABIGAIL P.O.V.

Today is Saturday. I woke up with the sunlight shining brightly through the porthole. I got dressed and went to Lucy’s stateroom. I knocked. Kelly opened it.

“Good morning!” I greeted her.

“Good Morning Abigail.” Kelly greeted then Lucy appeared.

“Come in Abigail.” Lucy said.

After Lucy got dressed, we went to Palm Court Café, located at the aft most of A – Deck. The Café served some of the most delicious desserts and pastries in France. It was also inspired at the Parisian Streets in Paris, thanks to its palms trees.  

"I had this weird and kind of eerie dream."  I said to Lucy.

"What kind of dream?" Lucy asked. 

"This dream is always on my mind. I always saw ice and water." I said.

“Maybe you need to drink more water." Kelly said.

"NO! It’s not about drinking. It seems that it is about something. I even hear those screams that I couldn't explain. I’ve been dreaming this since last week."  I said. It was just an uncanny dream though and I'm trying to forget that dream.

While we were walking through the first class lounge, I saw a toy polar bear on the couch. I remembered what I promise to Robert Spedden. I must return it back to the child. I went back to the aft promenade deck to see him. I saw him playing with a top. “Good morning Master Robert.” I said. “I want to give you this. I found it on the Lounge, I thought you forgot it.” I added. “Thank you Miss Abigail.” He thanked me.

He then went to his father and said about it. His father thanked me too for helping his son.

We were walking through the promenade deck on the starboard side when we saw Kate.

“Hello Kate.” I greeted.

“Good morning. By the way. Where is your cabin? I would like to visit you sometime.” Kate asked.

“Oh! No, no, no, my room was a bit small not like on your room. You stayed on C 72, right. Anyway, you seem alone, where’s your fiancée?” I replied. We sat onto the deck chairs.

“It’s alright. As long as I’m comfortable. Francis is in the Smoking Room with her business partners. Anyway, have you heard that the Cunard Line is building another ship too?” She said.

“Oh my! Don’t say that here. This is the rival of Cunard maybe we found ourselves in the Master – at – Arms Office later.” I said. We just laughed. The ship she talked about is the Cunard Liner Aquitania. Anyway, this is not about Aquitania, this is about Titanic.

A moment later, we saw the Allison Family strolling on the deck. I saw Mrs. Allison and her two babies with their personal nurse, Alice Cleaver.

“Hello, Kate.” Mrs. Allison greeted.                    

“Bess, I would like to meet you Abigail.” Kate said.

“Hello Abigail. Nice to meet you.” Mrs. Allison greeted.

“Hello,” I greeted.“ You have two great children, how awesome.”

“Well, thank you for that compliment.” She laughed. “See you.” She left.

“I’m wondering about her Nurse. Alice. She looks insane!” Kate whispered.

“Maybe she’s just hysterical.” I answered