Jihyo (Twice) (New Edit)

WC: 7300
(orginally 1990 words)

"Beautiful Surprise"

"No I promise it won't be too long before I can see you again, but I have to go right now, we have to head back on stage for rehearsal."

"Okay, It's fine, just call me whenever you can. Don't work too hard." You heard her sigh on the other side of the phone before the line cut out. You put your phone down to stare at her contact for a few more seconds before sliding your phone back into your pocket, then you proceeded to walk back into your office.

Your girlfriend had called you just a few minutes ago as you were on the way back from your lunch break. Time for her was limited but you knew She tried her best to keep in contact with you as she was in the middle of traveling for her scheduled World Tour that she had been practicing for for months now.

It had been about six weeks since the last time you had seen the person you call your other half, Park Jihyo, or when you had met her, Park Jisoo. The two of you had known each other for a long while so this long time apart was no different than her many times abroad before. Well you knew that for yourself being apart wasn't as hard on you as it was on her.

As you made your way to your desk chair your phone buzzed in your pocket. You pulled it out as you sat down, "Hmm." There was a news article about Twice's most recent performance in Thailand. You smiled to yourself as you read through the article before taking a screenshot of the article's title.

With the screenshot attached you sent her the following message.

"See, I'm not the only one who is proud of you ♡"

_

It had been six hours since you last talked to Jihyo on the phone, normally by now she would have sent you a message to keep you updated with what she was doing. You tried to think nothing extra of the time since you figured it was just one of those extra busy days for her.

Curiosity got the best of you, so you double checked your phone one last time just to make sure you didn't miss a message from her by any chance. You opened up your most recent conversation but the last thing on the bottom of the screen was your message to her without a reply back.

"Hmm," You moved to turn off your computer sitting in front of you. "I know she said they have a new album releasing soon, is that what she's working on.." You were so lost in thought, you didn't even realize that you were biting the end of your favorite pen, which was actually a gift Jihyo had brought back from her time in Taiwan with Twice.

A knock on your door brought you back into the present, "Yes, come in." You called out to whoever was on the other side.

The door cracked open and it was one of the employees who worked under you that walked in.

"Oh, Arin, what can I do for you?" You sat up to meet her eyes.

"Oh nothing, we just wanted to know if you were going to join all of us for dinner today..?''

You checked the time on your watch before looking back up at her, "I have a few papers I have to run out tonight so I don't think I'm going to get a chance to make it tonight." When you saw the look of disappointment on her face you offered her a soft smile, "I'll try my best to make it next week so how about you take my card to pay for it..?" You reached into your wallet to pull one of your cards out.

"Oh no, director, it's okay. Dinner is on Minwoo tonight, he lost a bet this week so he has to pay."

"Awe dinner is on Minwoo tonight? Man, I really wish I could've made it." You and Arin shared a laugh.