Date Pt.2

Ben's POV: "Just a bit father." I said as I guided Syena toward the gazebo that my family often went to for picnics. "Here it is!" I announced as Syena sucked in a quick breath, "Wow." She whispered as she made her way toward the gazebo. Reaching the very edge of the gazebo she reached out a hand, gently setting in the water before she let out a sound of happiness. "Hungry?" I asked as Syena drew her hand from the water. "Very." Syena replied as I began to take out the meal from the basket I had my mother pre-make. "What's this?" Syena asked holding up a raspberry. "That? That's a raspberry. You can eat it." I tried to explain as Syena looked clinically at the small fruit, "Even with its small bumps?" Syena asked as she ran her finger over the fruits small grooves. "Yeah, it's not poisonous, I promise." I assured her as I took one out of the stash they were kept in before popping one into my mouth. Syena seeing me eat one seemed to ease her tension as she finally put the little berry into her mouth. Her brows furrowed as she ate the strange fruit. "Why so many seeds?" Syena asked once she finished the tiny berry. I shrugged my shoulders, I honestly didn't know. "Haven't you ever had one?" I asked as we continued our meal. Syena shook her head, "No, we don't have much to eat on the Isle. Most of the things we eat are bits and pieces of food that we can manage to steal. I looked down at the food in my hands. Imagining the kids having to steal to survive, imagining a young Syena having to steal to survive. After the meal was finished I started to take of my top, from the corner of my eye I could see Syena blush and quickly turn her head. "Ben, what are you doing?" Syena called out her back still facing me. "I'm going for a swim; will you join me?" I asked as Syena still shook her head. "No, I'll just stay here and eat these black raspberries." Syena said trying a blackberry. Racing up I climbed toward the cliff's overhang, "Are those little crowns on your swim boxers?" Syena called up as I saw her look at me a smile spread across her face, looking down at my boxers I answered "Maybe." She let out a small giggle as I jumped off the cliff and plunged into the cold waters.