Chapter 1

Ok, this is my first story and I've had a lot of inspiration from other books, stories, and novels I've read. I hope you enjoy! (Unedited) all rights reserved ©

(Narrator POV)

A couple by the names of Regina and Ben Adams rushed to the emergency room. It was finally the day they were going to give birth to their baby girl. They ended up naming her Harmony, after the baby's grandmother on her moms side.

She was a healthy new born, slightly lighter than normal, with blue eyes and blond hair. She looked up to her parents with an innocent, happy smile and drifted off to sleep in their arms.

She grew up a happy child. Not a care in the world. Her mother would play her songs on the piano from time to time and they would sing songs together. Her mom was an exceptional musician. She taught other kids piano every other day while her dad was a professional cook. She would cook in the kitchen with her dad from time to time and learned many recipes from an early age. Her dads recipes were unbelievably genius. Everything was cooked and seasoned to perfection and Harmony got to learn with her dad to create more masterpieces each day

But all good things come to an end.

When harmony was 10 years old, she was in the garden when her parents went missing. She went in the house after picking the fresh vegetables and fruits only to find her parents were gone. She looked out the window and saw her parents car in the driveway. She figured they were just in the house somewhere. She called out so many times but never found them. After 45 minutes of frantically looking she called the one person she could trust. Her aunt Anna.

Anna came and picked her up from the home while the police came to investigate. After months of searching they pronounced her parents dead.

Harmony went to her parents funeral with Anna. She was left with everything her parents had because her mom was disowned by her family after running away with the man she loved, Harmony's father. Other greedy relatives tried to take custody of her for the money but she refused to all of them. Auntie Anna is the only one who has always been there for her and her mother. Even after her mother was disowned Anna was the only family member who stayed. Anna soon adopted Harmony and they moved to Oregon.

She tried so hard to make friends but but all the other kids made fun of her beauty and called her hideous out of jealousy. But she didn't know that's was why they were mean. They would tease her and beat her. A particular person was so hateful of her, he abused her and beat her leaving hideous scares. So one day the bullying got so bad she and Anna moved away. She reinvented herself. Grew her hair out to cover her face, got glasses to cover her eyes even though she had 20/20 vision, and wore the most basic of clothes to help her blend in with society, given that she stood out with her platinum blonde hair and skinny body. She just wanted to blend in and hide from the world that has betrayed her time and time again.

She was enrolled in a public school a mile away from home. All she wanted was to do her time in that place and move on and start a new life. But on her first day, she got to class and sat by a tall boy with brown eyes and brown hair with a tall lanky structure who was slightly awkward but still very kind. He offered to help her adjust and show her around, although she refused many times she eventually said yes. He showed her to her next class and picked her up after to bring her to her 3rd. And did that for the rest of the day, talking about everything from sports to music to what happened in his day while she listened.

She still didn't know his name let alone told him hers. But at the end of the day he asked her for her number so if she ever needed anything she could call. She reluctantly gave it too him but was still happy to have found someone who actually cared enough to take care of her. After exchanging numbers he looked at his phone to get her name and was surprised to see she didn't put it in. He stopped her and said "hey, i have your number but you didn't put your name in." After all the pain she has been through, trusting so called friends who turned on her back in Oregon, she couldn't let him into her life. What was she thinking giving him her number?! She had to think of something quick, but what...?

Yay! My first chapter! Please comment, vote, and share! What do you want to read next? I want to write what you want to read! Thanks for checking out my story! I will be posting again very soon!

~glitterg-raff