0.1

My mother used to be the happiest person alive, even though all the pain that she had. She liked to think that pain was just a feeling, like when you feel hot or cold, so she would just sit through it and wait for the temperature to change. I watched her wait for years. In my eyes, she wasn't waiting, she was suffering. Her cancer got worse and worse until one day, she didn't wake up. It was only last month, when I went into her room to give her her morning tea and her medication. I placed down the 'best mum in the world' cup I had bought her for Mother's Day. "Mum, it's time to get up, I have school in 20 minutes" I spoke, nudging her. She felt cold. Whenever I slept in my mums bed with her, her bed would always be warm and perfect, there was no way she could me cold from her bed. I started to worry. I pulled her body over so I could see her. I covered my mouth realising what was in front of me. Most people would say "oh, you wouldn't want to last time you see your mother is when she's dead" or something along those lines. But, my mother looked beautiful. She was pale, her eyes closed peacefully with a small smile plastered on her lips, almost like she was thinking "the temperature is finally right"