juzumaru tsunetsugu x reader

Requested by: @MichiTenoh

*anyway, this is a collaboration with michi (originally a request but it turned into a collab). plot thought out by michi and story written by ellie (me), hopefully i dont butcher michi's plot with my shit writing lmao...

-

Juzumaru wasn't expecting it the least bit, he had not expected to see that familiar face which he loved so dearly once again. He had already forced himself to move on the moment he got summoned to Saniwa's citadel but seeing the exact replica of the face he adored since years ago, the emotions he casted aside long before came back once again.

Back then, Juzumaru's owner was a delicate, young lady with a headstrong mindset. She made accurate decisions without any hesistation, making her a proper and decisive master. Juzumaru favoured her personality and character in entirety, it made him take a huge liking towards her.

Juzumaru's previous owner wielded her sword well, she fought countless battles and had a strong sense of righteousness. For the sword, what came off initially as admiration for his master gradually turned into much more personal feelings. By the time he knew it, Juzumaru had already developed a strong affection towards her.

Unfortunately, his master passed on when the temple which she took residence in was set on fire. No one knew the cause of it and it was never found out, not till this day. Silently, Juzumaru's master simply burned to ashes in the fire, while still keeping Juzumaru by her side. As painful as it was for him, Juzumaru quietly watched as his master lost her life to the flames.

Miraculously, Juzumaru's blade was not damaged. He was retrieved by the rescue team that searched through the temple after putting the fire out and henceforth was kept as a national treasure. His spirit and soul, however, was summoned to a certain citadel where Saniwa sought for his aid to defeat the menacing Time Retrograde Army.

Upon arriving in the citadel, the first person Juzumaru faced was Saniwa, who greeted and welcomed him into the citadel. The very face Saniwa had was identical to Juzumaru's previous master and he had a hard time convincing himself that they were two different people. After all, the difference between Saniwa and his ex-master was uncanny.

"You will be sharing a room with Nikkari Aoe. You know him, don't you?" Saniwa flashed Juzumaru a smile as she brought him to his joint room with Nikkari.

Juzumaru nodded in response before his eyes scanned the currently empty room. Nikkari Aoe was nowhere to be seen but the room definitely looked used, with the futons and blankets laid around messily and several items placed onto the table in the corner of the room.

"Nikkari is on horsekeeping duty now, you will get to speak to him later," Saniwa mentioned as she spun on her heels to take her leave. "Since it's your first day here, I will go easy on you and not give you any tasks for today. Tomorrow is different though so be prepared. Take the day to get some rest while you still can."

"I understand." Juzumaru did his best to gather his emotions together to give Saniwa a proper reply before she left the room to give him some alone time.

-

As the time Juzumaru spent in Saniwa's citadel increased, he started to understand Saniwa's personality much more. She was completely different from his previous master, she was very unlike the person he use to admire so much despite sharing the exact same face as she did.

Juzumaru's previous master was a lady of few words, she only spoke when necessary. She was always calm and collected, never fazed by any challenge that was thrown her way. She did not have a temper of any sort and was never seen to be mad despite the decades Juzumaru had spent by her side. In whole, she was a mature and demure lady.