CHAPTER THREE

Hello lovelies. Thanks for reading and voting my book. I really appreciate...
Keep reading and keep voting. Thanks

"Hello Meerah I was about to call you" Sukainah said

"Meet me outside your gate in ten minutes" said Sameerah

"Aren't you coming in?" Sukainah asked

"No am not coming in?" Sameerah replied "and before you say anything, no it's not because of him" She quickly added and hung up the phone.

Since the day her dad told her that she will be getting married to her best friend's brother she has stopped going to their house, they mostly meet at her house. The wedding is in two weeks and Najeeb hasn't even asked to see her but that's not what bothers her most about him he told their parents that he accepted to marry her but he has already proposed to his childhood sweetheart the last time he visited. So if he it was okay by Sameerah he will marry his sweetheart Fateema a month or two after his marriage to Sameerah.

When Sameerah's dad told her about Najeeb's proposal she'd wanted to say no to the marriage but then she remembered that it is permitted for a Muslim man to get married to four wives. She thought she had an advantage since she is not in love with him so she won't be so full of jealousy of his sweetheart. She is getting married out of obedience and obligation to her parents and she knows Allah (SWT) will reward her abundantly for that. But it still stings a little knowing that he has someone he loves.

Sameerah parked her Toyota Venza outside of Sukainah's gate and pulled out her phone to call Sukainah when she heard someone call out her name

"Sameerah Bello is that you?"

Sameerah turned to see her senior from secondary school Dauda Yakubu he was three years ahead of her in school and he'd wanted to be her boyfriend but she refused so they became friends but he never stopped loving her. After his secondary education he went abroad to further his education but they still kept in touch from time to time.

"O my God!" Sameerah exclaimed and came out of the car "DY I can't believe this is you, what are you doing here? When did you get back from the states?" She asked all at once

"I got back last week and am here to see my friend" He replied "How are you and how are your parents? What happened to you the past year has been like you fell off the grid, no phone call, no emails nothing. I sent dozens of emails without reply and anytime I call you your line is disconnected."

"Am so sorry about that, someone was stalking me calling me at odd hours, sending me creepy emails that was why I disconnected my line and blocked my old email and got a new one."

"So why didn't you send me your new number and email?" DY asked

"I'm so so sorry pleaseeeee" she apologized clapping both hands together and giving him a puppy dog look

"No don't give me that look" He said and pouted

"Okay you are forgiven but only on the condition that you will give me your new number now" He said and both of them laughed

Najeeb came out of his house together with Fateema to meet his friend Dauda Yakubu who is popularly known as DY by his friends. DY is Najeeb's best friend they met at the Washington university and they instantly became friends.

Najeeb was taken aback by the laughter of the girl he saw standing with DY. She is breathtakingly beautiful he thought to himself and the way she tilted her head to the side while she was laughing and also the glint in her eyes was intriguing to him. She is so captivating

What is wrong with you? Here you are standing with your girlfriend whom you've been in love with since childhood, and you also have a fiancee whom you will be getting married to in less than two weeks and you are here admiring another girl. Najeeb mentally spanked himself. He shook his head to pull himself together.