Across Realities

You woke up in a black void, where there was nothing but darkness. Unsure of what to do, you stood up and began walking aimlessly until you were stopped by an unfamiliar voice.

"Hey there!" The female voice greeted, as you turned around only to be met face to face with a humanoid black dragon. 

"Welcome! This place here is where you can see what's happening in other universes at any time! You just have to tap one of these portals, or 'Parts' as that's what your familiar with."

As soon as she said that, bubble-like windows portraying random events popped up around you, like status messages popping up on a computer all at once.

"Then you can tell what's going on in these universes as if you were reading words on the page of a book! That's why I call people like you 'Readers', as I'm a 'Writer' along with many others using the 'World' of Wattpad. You could be a Writer too, but I can't tell from just looking at you."

You just nod, a little confused at this information. What happened to the fourth wall? It must have been utterly smashed by this 'Writer' as she called herself.

"By the way, that explanation really has no relation to anything, but I might as well say it right here, right now. My name is Kirsten, or Kirstenonic05, and I hope you enjoy what awaits you with these portals. See ya!"

And at that, she flew off, leaving you alone to gaze at the small balls that contained entire realities. So, which universe where you going to take a peek at first?

Hello guys! I'm starting a random fandom short story/oneshot book, as I have a few unfinished ones that I don't know where to put. And for some reason, I have a headcannon voice for my OC self, which is weird. Again, this explanation doesn't really mean anything, it's just the tiniest bit of a test of my writing abilities. The subject of people reading books online being called Readers who can't interfere with what's going on and the people who write said books being Writers and being able to enter those books stuck in my mind since a few years ago, and was going to be used on a scraped (maybe?) book series idea, so why not place it here? In the chapter name there will be the fandom then the title of the short story/oneshot, and to start it off I'll put the title again and I'll say who the main characters are or what ship is in it (So people don't immediately think 'Is this a ship?'). Oh, and I hope I am using the term oneshot correctly. Well, enjoy the book! 

Written: 12 August 2018