Chapter two

He looks the same, but yet so different. He looks like my bestfriend Elijah, the same one I joked around with, the same one I told everything to, and the same one I loved. But at the same time he looks like a perfect stranger. Like a beautiful desire that I have to remind myself i can't have because. . ... Why can't I have him again. 

You're getting married, my conscience whispered to me. Right, right I'm engaged to the love of my life,Stanley. The love of my life? I thought that was Elijah. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm in BIG TROUBLE.

"Well that's all I get, a 'Hi Elijah'. No hug or anything? I mean it's only been ten years." He said with a smile on his face that reached his eyes. His smile always reached his eyes when he smiled sincerley.  It was one of the things that I loved about him, one of the many things that I . . . . . Okay I'm getting married ! 

"It's been ten years really? I thought it was less." This ofcourse was a lie, ten years without talking to him felt like ten years in dog years.

"I missed you so much Bri. I tried reaching you but you must have changed your number. There's so much i have to tell you." Somewhere while he was talking to me, he grabbed me in his arms. I didn't  want to let go and I didn't want him to let go. 

"Bri is that you?" Her voice was like ice down my spine. It brought back so many fun memories, so many sleepovers, so many secrets, so many promises, and one betrayal.

"Sienna?" He let me go then, and went to hug her. And kiss her. 

The look on my face must have been priceless.I swear her face said it all, that she hated me, that she wanted me to suffer and that she wanted to see me cry at that one moment.

"Babe, you didn't tell me Bri was here!" Sienna said. 

"I didn't know she was going to be here hun, it was a sweet surprise."

"Well did you tell her!?" Sienna asked, and honestly i was still in shock that i was living in this moment right now that i couldn't comprehend what she was saying.

"No babe, i was waiting for you. You guys are best friends." Best friends? Did he just say best friends? I haven't talked to her  since that night, where on earth, nooo where in the universe could he have gotten this idea that we are still best friends?

"Well this is true. Fine I'll tell her." Sienna says and then she turns to me with this evil glint in her eyes. The same look she always had when she had a plan that would get me in trouble. I couldn't wait to see what she was going to say, but when she put her hands together and I saw the ring I knew what she was going to say and I automatically felt the untolerable need to puke.

"Well Bri, me and Elijah are . . . . GETTING MARRIED!" she practically screamed the last part and ran to me and wrapped her arms around me and started jumping up and down, the same thing we used to do when we were kids and she knew a cute boy liked her. 

i was stunned. I had no words, but I knew if i didnt say something then it would look suspicious, and be way too much like that night.

"Wow. Congrats!" was all I could say. Thankfully she let me go. Unfortunately she went to kiss Elijah. She was running her hands throught his dark brown hair. And when they finally came up for air, she was looking into his hazel eyes, while he stared into her dark brown eyes. He was taller than her by about two inches, he was about 6'1, while she was around 5'7. She was always tall for age, but everything worked out for,she always got what she wanted, who she wanted. 

The next thing she said snapped me out of my almost flashback. "Babe don't ask her that she's probably not in a relationship. She always said she would stay single so she could work on her singing career. Remember she was always so insecure, but who could blame her. The things those kids said were so mean." I guess Elijah must have asked about my relationship status, but i couldn't think about that because all I could think was that the reminder of my childhood wasn't unintentional. I feel like she's practiced this whole thing in her mind like about 20 times that she has it memorized. I had to laugh though because she was a good actor and I really liked how she acted like she didn't know that I knew she started all those rumors and all those nicknames they called me. She acted like she didn't make my life a living a hell, that she didn't steal Elijah from me.

I knew I had to think of a good thing to say and quickly before I made a fool of myself. Luckily I didn't have to speak because that's when Stanley came to my rescue.

"Bri, what's taking so long? We're both going to be late for work, and the wedding coordinator called twice." He must have seen I was looking at Elijah and Sienna, because he came over, kissed my cheek, and asked "Who's this sweetie?"

I found my voice somehow and said "This is one of my oldest bestfriends, Elijah, and his fiancee Sienna. I knew them when I was really younger. And this is my fiancee Stanley." At this Stanley extended his hand and said "Very nice to meet you." Then he turned to me and said "Well babe don't be long. I'll be in the car waiting." With that he kissed my cheek and went through the door.

"He seems very nice Bri, you must be extremely happy." Elijah said, "Well look here's my number call whenever you like, day or night, I don't care. I want us to catch up and make it like old times." He handed me a buisness card with his number on it, but on the back he wrote his personal cell phone number. I almost felt like nothing had changed, like we were still those easy going teenagers, that we're so close they went everywhere together. It brought me back to a time when we were "BriAndElijah" and not "Bri and Elijah", we were a package deal.

"Well Sienna say bye to Bri, I'm going to the bathroom" He stated and then kissed his fiancee on the cheeck and walked away.

"Wow Bri. You sure aren't that ugly girl anymore, you grew into your unattractiveness. But I'm still unsure about you're 'fiancee' are you sure you didn't rent him for the day? You looked so uncomfortable when you saw me and Elijah. Is it really a shock? I mean. . . ." I blocked her out. I couldn't listen anymore, if I did I was sure I would cry. I didn't know how long she continued to talk but I had had enough. 

"Sienna, Stanley is my fiancee, he loves me and I love him. Yes it's a shock to see you together, and no I'm not that 'ugly girl' anymore. I'm also not that insecure girl either, or that girl that doesn't say whats on her mind. So let me say this, I feel like you're going to be in town for a while, and I want to be sure that you know you're boundaries. Don't talk to me like we're friends and don't talk to me like you own me. Those days are over, and are never to be relived. I honestly don't care what you do while you're here, just don't go near my fiancee. You always wanted whatever I had and I know old habits die hard. Oh by the way I heard Elijah got a new dog, how's she doing?"

"What are you talking about he doesn't have a dog." Sienna stated and then gave me a glare when she realized I was talkinq about her.

"Have a Blessed day" Standing up to Sienna was the greatest feeling ever, but knowing I'm going to be running into Elijah more often topped that feeling a 100%. Knowing I have a fiancee who I love made it hard to enjoy this feeling. 

My life is going to be hard.