Chapter 4.

Chapter 4.

♫ KAT ♫

My fingers shake slightly and my heart pounds as I read his message.

He saw me. He knows I was there.

He watched me leave.

Oh, gosh! If he thinks he sounded bad, then there’s a really big misunderstanding flying around.

My hands start typing a message back to reassure him.

Me: No! I just left because I had to...

I rack my brain trying to come up with an excuse. My cheeks begin to warm as I think about the real excuse...You were making my heart beat too fast. All I could think about was how I wanted to feel your throat again. So I needed to go to calm myself down.

Somehow, I believe that if he knew of that reason, it would boost up his ego, and he seems to have a big enough one as is.

I stare at my phone screen for another few minutes, before opting to just erase my second sentence, sending a small and simple message of:

Me: No!

As I tightly grip the phone in my hands, I realize that I’m waiting eagerly and impatiently for his message. Why? Shaking it off, I continue walking up the stairs. Before I can fetch my keys, Georgia opens the door and pulls me in.

She snatches the bag of a burger out of my hand and starts chomping on it, angrily glaring at me. With her mouth full, she mouths something, but I have absolutely no idea what she’s trying to say...shocker.

“Yalut! Ahbin witfro rahs!”

I just stand there awkwardly for several more seconds, trying to decipher her message. But I fail. Shrugging, I leave her to her meal and slam my door shut.

Him: Then, I was awesome, right?

One of those winking, smiling faces end the sentence, soaking the entire text in arrogance and confidence. I’m not going to admit that he blew me away, but his sound felt great, authentic and smooth. He should know that.

Me: Yeah.

I don’t get an answer right away, so I set my phone down, my heart still fluttering in my chest. Keep it together, Kat!

I pile together my shower package – my pajamas, a new towel, and my brush – and head over to the shared bathroom to wash up.

The water is cold on my warm skin no matter how far I turn the knob closer to the red bar, so Georgia probably showered before me, using up all the hot water. I sigh, shivering a little.

When I step out, I change quickly and re-enter my bedroom, rushing to the phone, trying to convince myself that I don’t really care if Check – or whatever his name is – responded or not.

My phone received the latest text ten minutes ago, according to the time.

Him: Have you thought about it yet?

For a couple minutes, I don’t comprehend what he’s asking. Then, I recall the day before. I kind of assumed that he would move on. I can’t help him with music. Besides, from what I’ve witnessed tonight, it doesn’t really seem like I have much to offer him. He’s already very experienced and talented. What more does he need?