twelve

A/N: so this isn't like the usual chapter, but it's important that it happens for a bit of closure

also time to find out who jiwon's summer crush wassssssss though I wonder if you guys know who it is already

—————

It's always hard to talk about something that you've tried to suppress for so long, something you've tried to hide from everyone. It's no question of whether you hid it well or not, it'll still be hard to finally speak about it when you've got so used to...not.

Jiwon had a lot of bottled up feelings. His fears about his future, how much he missed his family, the mess that came with Kim Hanbin, the shipwreck from his summer crush, and so much more because who could he tell? Sure, he regarded Donghyuk and Jinhwan, even Yunhyeong (even though he had been getting more distant lately) as best friends but none of them could ever know about his romance problems; and the other stuff, well...who wanted to hear that anyway?

He could always call up his ex-roommate, they used to vaguely talk about deep stuff since he was the only one who knew about the summer crush, but he was probably off on a cruise somewhere. He's lucky that he's paying the rent or I'd curse that rich mothertrucker every—okay, this is a very different story.

The truth of the matter was just that Jiwon was insensitive and closed-off. But he was so sick of being like this and getting nowhere.

Jiwon was in Junhoe's dorm on Saturday morning, using the younger's laptop since he didn't have one of his own. It was such a common occurrence now that Junhoe barely got freaked out if he saw Jiwon just nonchalantly sitting on the couch or anywhere.

"How...to...not get attached...in a casual relationship," Jiwon dictated quietly out loud as he typed it into the browser. Sure, what he and Hanbin had was a little bit more complicated than just a 'casual relationship' but still, it was close.

The more Jiwon read what the internet was telling him, the more he regretted doing this. They were telling him such mean things, like 'make sure you both know that you're each other's last priority' and 'don't keep contact out of your arrangement.' In the end, Jiwon just closed the laptop out of frustration because he really didn't want to end up pulling his hair out over this.

Then he heard a cough, and Jiwon couldn't help but instantly grin.

"Junhoe, how long have you been there?" Jiwon asked without even turning around, waiting for Junhoe's reply and he wasn't disappointed.

"I am a tree. Junhoe is not of existence here. Do not look at me. I am a tree. A Junhoe-sounding tree. Trees can talk too."

Jiwon couldn't do anything but burst into cackles then, turning around and throwing a cushion at Junhoe's face which the younger fumbled to try and catch before he ended up punching it away and yelling, "Trees can also fight!"

Jiwon cheered loudly just to play along with Junhoe's morning absurdness (had the guy just woken up? it was almost noon...) and Junhoe nodded in approval as he jumped onto the sofa to sit next to Jiwon. "So..."

"Do you need the laptop or something? Is that why you're here?" Jiwon asked with narrowed eyes, suspicion in his tone but Junhoe quickly shook his head.

"No! Why are you accusing me, I'm trying to make small talk!"

"Why?"

Junhoe didn't answer for a while and Jiwon thought he had forgotten about the question before he said, "I think I should just go."

Jiwon instantly dissolved into laughter, punching Junhoe in the forearm who looked slightly confused but proud of himself. Jiwon always prided himself on being cool and chic in the face of the public so he really hated that Junhoe could make him laugh so easily; the guy was just hilarious in a very strange way. It was annoying, and Junhoe's pretty face wasn't enough compensation. Or at least Jiwon thought that.