TWO

"Life is too grimy, I watch for the devil"

~GUNNA

Mixed Girl From Park: hey Bahari, this Remy

Mixed Girl From Park: hey Bahari, this Remy. We met at the park.

Mixed Girl From Park: wyd?

Mixed Girl From Park: I can't stop thinking about yo sexy chocolate ass.

Bahari sighed loudly as the texts kept going. He wanted to at least get six hours of sleep before he run errands in the morning. He looked at his lock screen and saw that he had eight messages from Mixed Girl From Park.

"What the hell?" Bahari frowned while turning his brightness all the way down and putting his passcode in.

Bahari: it's three in the morning, you know the type of work I do. I'm tired as fuck.

Mixed Girl From Park: I'm sorry 😬 you up now so wyd.

"The disrespect I get," Bahari scoffed. He put her messages on do not disturb and went back to sleep.

•••

Bahari traveled the streets of north Memphis. He needed to drop off some money for his boss.

He pulled up to the trap house and turned his alarm on. When he made it up the staircase, he collapsed hands with a buff guy that let him in. He knew his way around so he went inside where Suge would be.

"Wussup big homie," Bahari nodded while taking a seat.

Suge was too busy eating a hot plate from the soul food restaurant up the street. "Wussup young soldier, what you got for me?"

Bahari slid him an envelope and leaned back in his chair. Suge nodded in approval. "You always coming through, that's why I respect you. You too good for this street shit. Why you ain't making yo own drug business?"

Bahari shrugged. "Man I'm just tryna eat and still feed my family."

"And you been doing that," Suge reasoned. "Y'all not going hungry but what if it change. Stuffed and never having to starve again."

"How do I start then?" he said hesitantly.

"Damn nigga I'm giving you advice, you mean you want me to help you find connects too?" Suge frowned. "Nah, patna. You figure that out."

He slid the envelope back. "Keep that, you need it more than I do."

"Nah man," he said shaking his head. Suge could get real grimy and he wanted nothing to do with his sneaky ways. "That's yo money."

"No funny shit," he surrendered. "It's yours with no strings attached."

Bahari was hesitant at first. He never trust Suge because he seen him turn on his own blood like it was nothing. "So you telling me if I take this money and start my on shit, we done?"