Chapter Three Your First Day

"WAKEY WAKEY SLAVEY SLAVEY!" An excitable female voice shouted.

"AAAHH!" You screamed jumped up from the floor.

Demencia skipped around you, snorting with laughter.

"It's time to work, slavey!"

"Why couldn't someone put an alarm clock in here?"

Demencia giggled. "I'm your alarm clock, silly!"

"Okay. Can you please leave so I can get dressed?"

"Alrighty! But first..."

She reached into her giant messy red hair and taking out a piece of paper.

"Here's your list of chores for today! Blackie would've given it to you, but he's busy! Anyway bye, slavey!"

She handed you the list before bouncing out of the basement. You set the list down as you changed out of your super suit and into one of the uniforms. You picked up the piece of paper and breathed as you exited the room. As you stepped into a hallway, you looked over the list.

1. Clean the following rooms: the dining room and the living room. 2. Help Demencia clean her room. 3. Serve Black Hat a glass of red wine at 5:00 P.M. EXACTLY 5:00. IF SERVED ANY LATER OR EARLIER THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES. 4. Groom 5.0.5.

With lots of hate,

Black Hat.

It was kind of odd. You would have thought you would've had more chores to do. Maybe there just wasn't that much to clean. You really didn't want to have to face Black Hat again. But considering that was his house, it seemed like you didn't have much of a choice. You decided you might as well get to work quickly. Hopefully, you would get to eat soon, you were starving. You went off, searching for the dining room.

As you walked down the halls, you couldn't help but appreciate the decor and the paintings on the walls. Even if most of them were of Black Hat. When you turned the corner, you found a row black painted doors on the left side walls. You huffed. If you were going to be working for Black Hat, why didn't he give you directions?

"Hi, slavey!" Demencia dropped down from the ceiling.

She smirked, playfully.

"Demencia, where's the dining room? Is behind one these doors?"

"No, slavey! It's upstairs!"

"Upstairs?"

"Yeah! Just head up the stairs and you'll find it almost immediately! I'm gonna get a soda! Come on, slavey!"

You screamed in surprise as she took your hand and raced down the halls, pulling you with her. You went back from where you came until you were at the entrance of the house. There was a winding staircase five feet away from the door on the right side of the area. The wooden stairs were covered with blood red carpet and the banister was painted black.

Suddenly you and Demencia were in motion again. She dashed up the stairs as you struggled not to trip. After what seemed like centuries, you finally made it to the top. You panted, as she released your hand.

"Here we are!" She giggled as she danced over to the black refrigerator, opened it and got a soda pop.

You were awestruck when you saw the dining room. The carpet floor was the same shade of red as the stairs. There was a diamond chandelier hanging over a brown wooden table with matching chairs on every side of it. Scarlet red and black hat-shaped cushions were on the seats. A green clear glass vase was in the middle of the table. A single black rose was inside of it. The sight of it made you feel slightly uncomfortable. Off to the side of the room was a black refrigerator beside a line of counters, cabinets as well as a black oven and stove. The walls were painted black. A glass clock was on the left wall. The time was 7:31 A.M. Everything was perfect minus a horrid stench.

"Eh. It's not THAT great." Demencia shrugged.

Stupid rich people. You thought.

"What is there to clean? Everything looks fine to me."

Demencia chugged down her drink before slamming it down onto the counter.

"Blackie dear wants you to clean out the fridge. There's some moldy food in there."

"That's it?"

"That's it. 5.0.5 did a pretty good job cleaning this place last week."

"5.0.5?"

"He's the big bear."

"Oh! You mean the friendly-looking blue one?"

"Yep! I'll go get him!" She smiled as she ran down the stairs once again.

You decided to throw out the gross food from the fridge while she was gone. You headed over to the cabinets and opened one and took out a large plastic bag. You then went to the fridge and opened the door. You looked inside expecting to see some old meat or cheese. You stared in shock and disbelief when you saw a black pistol instead.

You backed away from it, your heart beating fast.

"Y/N! I got a blue bear for you!" Demencia screamed, startling you.

Demencia stood beside with a big blue bear with a daisy on top of his head. The bear looked away from you shaking in fear. You looked back inside the fridge to find that the gun was gone and was replaced by moldy carrots and lettuce.

Demencia put her hand on his back, comfortingly. "It's okay! Y/N won't hurt you!"

She suddenly glared at you. "Right, slavey?" She growled.

"Of course not!" You reached your hand out to 5.0.5. He stared at it for a few moments before hesitantly shaking your hand.

"Um, I have to clean out the fridge." You said as you slide the moldy vegetables into the plastic bag and walked down the stairs.

5.0.5 and Demencia gave each other confused looks as you left. Once you got down the stairs, you headed out the front door. It was a bright beautiful sunny day outside. Children were playing games, birds were singing and it was just overall a nice day to be outside. A grey garbage bin stood beside the front door. You pulled off the lid and threw the plastic bag into it.

"Black Hat would like to have a word with you."

You turned around to see Dr. Flug.

"But what about my other chores?"

"You'll have to do them later." He said as he went back inside the house.

You gulped. What did he want now? Did you do something wrong? You sighed as you entered the house. You nervously went to the door to Black Hat's office and knocked.

"Come in." Black Hat grunted from behind the door.

You gently opened it, avoiding eye contact with the creature as you stepped into the room.

"Close the door."

You shut it behind you, still avoiding making eye contact. He had a frown on his face as he looked up from his desk, only to grin the same way he did the last time he'd seen you. This couldn't be good.

"Hello, my little murderer!" He chuckled.