let it happen

Currently I was at my friends house. Every Friday we'd have "sleepovers" from Friday to Sunday.

"Daniel! Just the boy I needed to talk to!" I jump onto his bed.

"What do you want?" He chuckles.

"Well you know...Marcus finally invited me to one of his parties..." I smile.

"Mhmm..." He turns his phone off and looks at me.

"And I was hoping we could go! All of us!" I grab his hand and pull him to sit up.

"Why!" He whines.

"Because! I like that boy and I want you to help me talk to him. You guys used to be friends." I playfully push his shoulder.

"I don't think he's good for you..." He mumbles.

"Alright then who do you think's good for me?" I laugh.

"I dunno...just not him." He looks back at his phone.

"How do you know what's good for me?" I quote the vine in a exaggerated sad tone.

"IT'S MY OPINION!" He quotes back.

"And this is why we're friends." I poke his stomach.

He pouts, "Just for the vines?"

"Just for the vines." I nod my head.

The thing about me and Dan is that we were never always like...friends, we were a bit more than friends. We never actually dated but we used to kiss here and there, fuck here and there, and just do things that most people in relationships do. Except he never asked me out and neither did I. I was to nervous to tell him how I really genuinely felt because I knew he would push me out of his life. We said no 'I love you's' nothing like that. Unless we weren't together like that, that's when we could be like regular friends.

"Why do you even want a boyfriend?" He types on his phone.

"I don't know...I just like feeling in love." I shrug.

"Love is overrated my dear." He scoffs.

"Maybe so, but I'd like to know what being loved feels like." I sit up and cross my legs.

"Sounds cool, tell me how that goes for you." He raises his eyebrows.

And here we were. Dan sat down while I danced with my boyfriend. Phil was swaying to the music with another group of people but they were all kind of dancing.

"Dan! Why don't you stand up!" I yell over the extremely loud music. I pick up his hand and pull him up.

"Y/N can we just go home. I don't even know why you invited us when all you'd be doing is-fucking your boyfriend." He yanks his hand back.

"Do you want me to call you an Uber?" I ask. "Phil's having fun so I can take him once we leave!" I yell.

"I can call my own Uber!" He stands up and pushes me a bit with his shoulder. I roll my eyes at the way he'd been acting.

"What's up his ass?" I hear Marcus ask. I shake my head and sit down myself.

Phil ended up leaving with his friends which was a bit convenient for me and Marc.

"I love you so much beautiful." Marcus puts his hand on my thigh.

"I love you too! These have been the best two years of my life." I smile. He turns his head and smiles lovingly. I give him a quick kiss before he turns his head.

"Same here." The car soon gets quiet. "But what's up with that Dan guy? He seems to always be in a shit mood." He scoffs.

"I don't actually know." I shrug. I knew Dan didn't like Marc but I just didn't know why.