raindrops

"Bed time story!" Amelia runs to her room. Ophelia (unintentionally rhymes with Amelia) follows the five year old lazily. Ophelia being the white Persian cat with green eyes.

"Again? You sure you want to? You don't just want to cuddle up with Op?" I laugh, following her into her pink, yellow, purple, and blue themed room. Yes she was full off brightness and colours. While my room was all white and grey. I could already tell she was already falling asleep.
"Amelia, you are an angel," I smile down at her, starting to feel emotional at her beauty and innocence. It's sad, she'd have to grow up. And I didn't want her to grow up how I did.

"Mummy why are you crying?" She pouts and puts her tiny hands on my cheek.

"You know how mommy is. Super emotional!" I laugh it off. "Just remember that I will always love you no matter what happens. I wished I had someone tell me they loved me no matter what so I am here to remind you that you're my little angel. And I will always be your guardian angel Alright?" I let out an airy laugh. I couldn't believe I was even talking about this to her. She's five. But five year olds believed it.

"And I will always love you mummy! But do not cry. I will never leave you! It makes me sad to see you sad." She hugs me.

"Goodnight okay? We'll talk more tomorrow morning about your sweet dreams." I kiss her forehead and stand up and off the pink chair.

"Goodnight mummy! I love you." She waves her tiny fingers at me.

"I love you more." I whisper.

"And then you were trapped in the house! But I saved you because you kept telling me I was strong! And I did it!" She spoke excitedly as she bounced in her chair telling me about her dream.

"That's amazing Amelia!" I give her a big kiss on her cheek and tie her hair into a ponytail.

"Yeah! And then a man came and hugged you. I was scared he would take you away from me but he ended up loving you so much! And I was happy because you were super happy!" She continues to eat her cereal. I hum as I put on my makeup as quick as possible.

"Alright, Summer is coming over to take care of you for a couple hours." I grab my bag and look at the time. That girl should be here any second. Thankfully I hear a knock on the door. I open it to see the brunette girl.

"Yo! How's it going biatch." She stares down at her phone. All I see are the words Losing a friend. I furrow my eyebrows and shake my head.

"Uh I'll be home by six. So get off that phone!" I laugh at her as she takes off her oversized teddy bear coat. She lived in the apartment complex so I just paid the teen a bit of cash to take care of Amelia.

"Amelia! How's my best friend doin'?" I hear Summer say as I close the door. "Yeah I'm just writing some story." I run downstairs till im in my car.

"And then he-he just broke up with me!" My patient cries. I hand her the tissue box. I nod my head.

"Well look, I think the best thing to do now is try your best to move on. By that I mean try and distract yourself from him. Like go out or do something that wouldn't remind you off him. Hang out with friends or family! Paint or sing. Do something that'll bring your thoughts away from him." I explain to her and give her a sorry smile.

She nods her head, "god you're totally right! Thanks." She smiles back. I look at the time, late late late.

"No problem! Well it was great to talk to you! Remember to practice the breathing exercises when you feel anxious! I'll see you...next month?" I walk her out of my office. She nods confirming the date. "Alright, feel free to make an appointment for after next month!" I hold my hands together and nod. I walk back into my office and slump down in my chair. How did I even land such a job.

A Therapist.

The reading and writing in school was extremely worth it. Thank god I don't regret it.

"God Summer! I regret it! I'm so tired!" I roll my eyes and fall onto the couch.

"You'll Get through it! You always do." She gives me a warm smile. "But anyways where my monay at?" She wiggles her eyebrows. I point to under the plant. She picks up the one hundred pound note. Adding twenty pounds instead of only giving her eighty. "Damn! For real? Finally I can buy the AirPods! Can't believe I wasted my money on this fucking coat." She mumbles. "Love you!" She yells. I mumble a quick same as I get up and walk to the shower.

Fuck my life.
•••
What do you want to happen next?