Ch9- Family Reunion

*Lucas' POV*

*Lucas' POV*

There was a guy standing outside the school, the crew and I were watching him.

Zero was staying at Will's house for the rest of the week, maybe more. Will had finally come back to school, and we haven't heard from Eleven in a while. She was being homeschooled I guess, but Mike didn't really look enough anymore.

We talked to Zero everyday, Billy even brings her breakfast in the mornings before school. Max visits her and tries to be friends with Eleven, but she won't budge.

The guy was now in the front office asking the ladies something. He walked out looking angry. He held this old newspaper in his hand the whole time. Then he saw us.

"Hey, kids!" He sped over to us.

"Um hi..." I said.

"Do you know a girl named Bella?" He asked.

"No," Dustin scrunched his eyebrows.

"What about a boy named Jason?" He was very fidgety.

"Oh yeah! There was a boy named Jason that died a few years ago." Will pointed out.

Mike was kinda zoned out the whole time, walking down and up the halls like he always does when he paces.

"Mike, a little help here?!" Max suggested.

"What?" He said sharply.

"Mike Wheeler, is it? I've read some articles about you and your family and I had some questions about a girl-" The man was quickly interrupted by Mike.

"I'm not telling you anything." He grabbed his backpack and was heading to his next class.

"She's from the lab, she's... special." The guy blurted.

Mike turned around and rolled his eyes, "Fine, what do you wanna know?"

*Zero's POV*

Will had been acting weird lately, I even sensed a feeling of love, or lack of love. He had gone to school this week, while I stayed home and did workbooks, starting with second grade, and finishing with fifth at the end of the week.

Billy visited me every morning, bringing me a different food every day. He always brought a banana for later though.

Max also visited, bringing me her comic books and games to keep me occupied when I was board. I ate with Will's family a few times during dinner, sometimes I skipped because I was too busy and interested in... math?

Anyway, Mike even visited me. He said to go to his house on Friday and he would tell me his decision on a, um, female friend, or girl buddy, I forgot.

I was actually getting ready for that right now, I put a gray scrunchy in my hair and my shoes on. I didn't know how to ride a bike or skateboard like the party, but I was a fast runner.

I ran to his house, there was only one bike parked outside, probably just Mike, I thought.

When I knocked on the door, his mom answered and let me in with a confused/scared face.

"Mike! Um, there's a, um girl here for you!" She stuttered.

"Oh sorry, this is Bella, I forgot to tell you she was joining us for dinner." Mike said, ushering me to the basement.

"Alright..." she trailed off and went to the kitchen.

But as I was about to ask him more, a man walked out from a shadow in the corner. He was tall, but young, he had dark hair like mine, but his was well kept, and not shaggy like mine.

"Hi," he gasped, when he saw me.

"Um, hi?" I responded.

He hugged me, his light gray suit rubbed against my bare arms. His scent was familiar, his face... I remembered from somewhere.

"You probably don't remember me." He backed away and straightened his coat.

"I don't..." I said straightening my shirt in the same fashion.

"Bella, I'm your... brother!" He exclaimed.

My eyes widened and filled with tears. Mike, who was still standing behind for what felt like hours, pushed me to him.

I glanced behind me, seeing his smile, and turned back to my own blood. My own brother.

I hugged him, well, we hugged each other. I felt so happy, happier that I ever have.

We talked in the basement until dinner, when Christopher (my brother) went through the back and knocked on the front door. Mike was so smart!

Mike's mom was super nice, his dad didn't talk through. He did once, asking me to pass the salad.

I learned so many things about Christopher. He works a few hours away, he lives in an apartment, whatever that is. He has a dog-animal, and a girl that's his friend.

"Mom, can I show, Zer- I mean, Bella my room?" He asked, standing up.

"Sure! I want to show her your baby pictures too!" She said.

I giggled and Mike rolled his eyes, red started to form on his cheeks.

"C'mon." He grabbed my arm and pulled me up the stairs.