Ch7- Love is Strange

*Zero's POV*

*Zero's POV*

I felt a spark,

not one from my hand,

one from my heart.

When Mike grabbed my hand, I felt something more than why my powers were capable of. He smiled at me and a smiled back, but I pulled away once I heard laughter coming closer to us. Mike got the message and sat back up, just in time before the others saw.

"Hey Zero, I brought you a pudding cup, but you looked more like a vanilla, so here you go!" Dustin offered.

"Thanks, that's very sweet." I said.

"Just wait until you try it!" Max joked. As soon as I was about to eat a spoonful of it, I saw Joyce and Eleven running towards me.

"Why... would you... run off?!" Joyce said, catching her breath.

"Elev-" I started.

"She got scared of one of Will's drawings. We tried to help her, but she ran off." Eleven interrupted. I rolled my eyes and Mike stood up to speak, but the bell rang instead.

"I'm going to class, you all coming?" Lucas spoke towards the group of kids, excluding Eleven.

"Go on, I'll catch up later." Mike responded. The rest left and Joyce had asked if I wanted to go home.

"Not exactly." I replied.

"Can I talk to El please?" Mike asked Joyce.

"Sure," she said, taking a seat on a nearby bleacher.

"Hi Mike, how are you?" Eleven asked.

"Not that good, considering you hurt one of my friend's. And I know i'm always supposed to defend you, but this time Zero's right." He said.

"What? I...I would never." She said leaning in closer.

Mike stepped back a little and talked, "El, I don't know what you did when you were with Kali, but you've changed. I still love you though, I just can't go so fast into how things were. Please understand El..." Mike reasoned.

"Oh, I understand." She said back, storming away with a tear in the corner of her eye.

"I'm sorry, I know how hard that was for you." I said.

"No, I need some time to think. Don't be sorry." He said to me with a serious face.

"I'll go then." I suggested, he nodded and Joyce walked with me and El to the car.

It was a quick drive home, and I had memorized the way to the school by now. A police car was parked in Joyce's driveway. Hopper was sitting in the living room with a few files around him on the coffee table.

"Hey Hops, did you find anything?" She asked him once we entered.

"Everything, I found everything." He said, still looking at the floor.