Melody #1

"Tracy??? Tracy???" Lily and I were leaning over Tracy as she lay unconscious. All we knew was that Tracy was outside one moment, the next passed out. At least, that was what we heard. I mean, we just got called moments before hearing that Tracy passed out. We knew she was obviously still alive because she had a pulse, but we were still worried since she passed out out of nowhere. Strange things seem to be happening everywhere all the sudden. I mean, we got an invite to a yacht party from a strange man, we all lost something we cared about, and now this? I have a feeling that I'm next in line to get something majorly bad happening to me. Anyway, my thoughts were soon interrupted with the sound of Tracy opening her eyes. "W-what happened?" Oh great, she didn't know what happened meaning no good story. The notebook in my brain was disappointingly thrown out along with my precise happy thinking thoughts. "Your parents said you passed out out of no where." Lily says. I nod. "Yeah, are you alright?" I say. "I think so...Is the party still on for tonight?" Lily and I smile. "Of course." We say together. Tracy grins. "Great! I'll see you guys there. I need to get ready!" Tracy winks happily as she jumps out of the couch.

Later on in the day, I am fully dressed with a T-shirt and shorts with flip-flops. I am completely ready for the yacht with my swim suit underneath my outfit. When I am dressed I check the clock as it reads; 4:58 PM. Great, got about a half an hour to go, I think to myself. As I wait for the time to finish ticking by, I go ahead and slide myself into my desk chair and think of some ideas for how I could tell a story about this trip that is about to start in a half an hour. I end up coming up with an idea where it could be a newspaper article about 10 minutes later. By that time, I realize I am going to have to start heading over towards the yacht soon, so I go ahead and quickly grab my car keys and go out through my garage door. My vehicle sits there waiting for me as a good ol' 90s Jeep. It makes me smile knowing that this car always resembles how I act. I always love getting the wind through my hair, and just feeling free. It always helps me get better ideas on books. Anyway, as I climb into my Jeep I notice something. Strangely, the engine won't start. That's never happened before.. I go ahead and look under the hood. My eyes go wide the moment I see what's under there. Everything looks like it's been chewed up by a dog or a cat or something. I've never seen anything like it! I guess I'll just have to take the bus...or... I immediately get the idea to call up a free limo! It will be awesome! I quickly grab my phone and start calling. It's too bad they can't see my smile right now. Either way, they tell me to wait 5 minutes till they arrive. I think that's enough time to get there...I hope.

After 5 minutes of waiting, the limo arrives. The driver crossly then asks how he will be paid, and then I simply smile. And just like that, we are off! As I ride in the back seat, I ask the driver; "How did you get into the limo driving business?" I kindly smile trying to start a conversation. Instead of answering the driver angrily pulls up the divider dividing the front from the back and ignores me. How rude. Instead of having a conversation I decide to let some air in and open up the sunroof. The breeze feels so nice, I decide to stick my head out. I look around entranced by all the sights that I barely even notice when we arrive. "Ma'am...I am sorry to bother you, but get out. We've arrived." I cautiously get down from the sunroof and say my thank you's and leave. Outside I can see the yacht is about to leave so I quickly run over and show my invite and enter. Inside the yacht I can see tons of bright lights and a colorful dance floor! The party looks epic, and just out of the corner of my eye I spot Lily and Tracy waving me over to the snack table. "Hey, Melody! What took you so long to get here...And why are you wearing that outfit?" Lily narrows her eyes as she notices I put on a boring T-shirt and shorts. "I wore it because it's hiding my swim suit! - duh." I show them the hem of my bikini top making my point. "Ooh, great! I'm glad that someone decided to wear something fashionable!" Lily looks straight into Tracy's eyes making Tracy know her outfit was the reason why she stared. "Oh, come on! It's fun, and colorful! What more could a 17 year old want? And, Melody you still haven't answered the question. What took you so long?" Tracy points at me like I committed a crime, when all I really did was not answer a question. "Well, my engine wouldn't work on my Jeep, so I had to call up a limo which took a bit to arrive and I got side tracked when looking at all the wonderful sights, not realizing we had arrived at the time we arrived. So..." Lily rolled her eyes. "Classic Melody." And, I smiled because they knew I was truthful.