1

Finally, my mom has arrived. Now Jason spends most of the time out so he doesn't have time to hurt me.

Even though school starts in a day, and my things are still not ready, my mom and I went to get some new tattoos at or favourite tattoo shop; Winter ink. When we reach there, Marc, gives us a big smile. "Daya, Isabel! It's been a while since you don't pay a visit!"

My mom smiles widely and hugs Marc after me, "It's great to see you too Marc. How have you been?"

As they have a conversation about vacations and new furniture, I start flipping through the pages of the tattoo book, admiring Marcs work. It's not until I reach half the book that they stop the conversation and start seeing new tattoos for my mom. I already know what I want so I wait for Mark to tell me to sit on the chair and discribe it to him, that way he can draw it before tattooing it.

"Daya, whatcha looking for hun?" He asks, as he lets my mom look by herself. "I was thinking of an owl right beneath my boobs" I say, giggling at the way I emphasized the word boobs just because. "Describe ahead" he tells me, smiling and getting his pen ready to dance around the paper.

Marc has been a long-term family friend. In fact, he has been like an uncle to me. I don't even remember the first time I saw him. Everytime I feel like I'm going to punch someone, I come to him. He has tought me so many life lessons and he helps me a lot with the bullies and with Jason. He's also helping me loose weight, which is one of the reasons why im getting a tattoo in a part of my body that is meant to be showed off.

When I finally finish describing the tattoo, he tells me to take my shirt and bra off and sit down in a chair located in a small room at the corner of the shop. When he gets things ready, my mom comes to me, smiling wickedly at the tattoo I had described.

"Are you ready for school tomorrow?" I shoot her an scarred look. She knows people bully me, but she doesn't have any money to pay any other school. We are already living in a fucked up house. "I know that this year out of all years is gonna be the hardest one. People are gonna get to their heads that it's the last year of highschool and they're gonna take advantage to hurt you for the last time. But you have to promise me to be strong. Just as strong that you're going to be when you get this tattoo." My eyes water a bit as she tells me to be strong.

"Alright mom" I smile the pain off, and thats when the needle hits my skin. I've never felt the needle to a point of screaming, but I have to say that this one hurts a bit too much.

About 3 hours later, my lower ribcage is covered with a beautiful owl. The wings are spread across my torso and the body of the owl goes straight down to almost touch my bellybutton. Marc looks proudly at his work and begins to throw away needles and gloves. My mom looks amazed at the design amd how good it looks on my pale skin,"Daya that's beautiful!"
I smile down to the owl as I put my bra back on. I don't like to look for details right after a tattoo. I like to look at my tattoos slowly, noticing each line and how the smallest detail makes the biggest difference.

I chose this tattoo because it represents freedom, respect, intelligence, and patience. Which are 4 of the most important qualities which I think a person should have.

The afternoon passes by fast. Jason is no where to be seen and Daniel seems out of orbit. He's a nice guy, but he can't even control his own son so I guess my anger goes on him too.

I start preparing my bag for school tomorrow. Our last year of highschool. Nothing could be worse than it already is, I mean, it's pretty fucked up right now for me, so I guess it can't get any worse.

By the time I'm finished it's 7 at night, the sun is setting slowly and the weather is the best at this time. For the 100th time, I try to go out and enjoy myself by feeling the fresh air and smelleing the sweet smell of a forest.

But thats where it all started. The forest...