Chapter 4

The next morning I walked to school with Calum again. I smiled as he took my hand in his and led me into the school. When I saw Michael I went over to him. His locker was only a couple away from mine so we were headed to the same place. I waved to Calum as me and Michael went to drama.

"Ready for drama?" He asked as we went inside the classroom and sat next to each other.

"I guess" I sighed.

"Ok" he said and we just sat there waiting for class to start. When it finally did we got up. We had to split up into partners again so me and Michael decided to be partners. We were playing a game. The teacher put a picture of two people up on the smart board and we had recreate the picture. Me and Michael laughed as we were really bad at this game. When we got out we just sat down. He handed me a note that said:

My friends having a party this Friday.

Text me and I'll pick you up.

123-555-6789

I smiled at the note and nodded to Michael. Pretty soon the bell rang and everyone left. When I was outside I looked around. No Calum. Looks like I have to find science on my own. I started walking in the direction the doors were so I could try to find the building science was in. Then someone grabbed my waist and spun me around.

"You didn't think I left you all alone to find science did you?" He asked and grabbed my hand.

"Hey Calum" I smiled. We walked into science and sat at our table from yesterday. He pulled his chair closer to mine before sitting. Then we got out our notebooks and started writing the notes on the board. After we were done we sat and waited for further instructions. I smiled as Calum took my hand under the desk again.

The day passed pretty much like the day before and when it was over me and Calum walked home together. "You got your classes all figured out?" He asked me.

"I think so" I said.

"Good" he smiled as we walked up to my drive way.

"Bye" he pecked my cheek. "Oh and text me tonight" he handed me his number.

"Ok" I smiled and blushed. "Bye Calum" I waved as. He walked away and I closed the door to my house.

"I'll see you tomorrow" he calls. I smiled and walked into the kitchen. I got a snack and sat down, turning on my phone. I was going to figure out whatever Michael is hiding. I put his and Calum's numbers in my phone but I didn't text either. Instead I just kinda sat there and thought of what I would say. I finally texted Michael, getting a response almost immediately.

K:hey it's Kaylee

M:hi

K: so whts up?

M: nothing rly I just got home wbu

K: same

M: so the party Friday night is at my friend Luke's house. It starts at 8. I can pick u up if u want.

K: ok.

M: alright what time should I pick u up.

K: anytime it doesn't matter.

M: ok does 7 work

K: yup

M: ok what's ur address

K: y no where Calum lives right?

M: yeah...

K: I live right next door to him.

M: oh ok

M: when did u and Calum meet?

K: Saturday night we ran into each other

M: oh really

K: yeah I was just taking a walk and he was going home and it was dark an we literally ran straight into each other.

M: lol

K: it was kinda funny

M: more like extremely funny

K: oh gee. Thanks. Laughing at me when I get hurt.

M: I'm sorry

M: you said it was funny yourself

K: I know

K: but it hurt too

M: Awwwwwww poor Kaylee

K: IKR!

M: lol

K: stop laughing at me!

M: sorry

M: ur just being cute

K: oh gosh here come the blushes...

M: awww and I'm missing this?!?

K: yup

K: sucks to suck

M: preach

K: maybe I will...

M: ok

I laughed at mine and Michael's conversation before I realized that it was almost five. I finally decided to text Calum.

K: hey it's Kaylee

C: hi:)

C: what's up?

K: nothing really just texting you and Michael

C: you got his number?

K: yea he gave it to me this morning in drama

C: oh

K: wbu

C: I'm just sitting at home listening to music

K: cool

C: I guess

K: yeah...

C: gosh im so bored

C: can you come over.

K: sure

C: HURRY

K: lol I'm coming I'm coming

I went over to Calum's house and he opened the door.

"MOM KAYLEES HERE!" he yelled.

"Ok" we heard her call back.

"C'mon" Calum took my hand and led me back to his bedroom. He plugged his phone into a radio and started playing music. He grabbed my waist and tugged me down on the bed on top of him. I shrieked in laughter for a second.

"Kaylee?" he asked.

"Yeah?"

"Do you like Michael?"

"He's interesting. I thought he was interesting the moment I laid eyes on him but I still don't know him enough Calum."

"So who do you like?" Calum sighed.

"No one right now. I haven't known anyone long enough to like them like that" I said.

"Ok" he sighed.

"Why do you wanna know who I like anyways?" I asked.

"No reason" he said.

"Uh ok" I said and just started listening to the music that was playing. I went home about an hour later and Calum was going to come over at 8:10 again so we could walk to school together.