I'm Sorry

A/N- another update, within the same day?? WHAT?? I had lots of time to do this. So, yay! A speedy chapter! As always, enjoy! Comments/reviews are always appreciated!

-Mercury-

"Creature," Ghaul spat. "Weakling," Ghaul grabbed Kennedy by the neck and slammed her into one of the pillars. "You abandoned them." Kennedy's eyes went wide. Ghaul threw her back to the ground. She could already feel bruises forming across her body.

"W-what?" She asked confused.

"You abandoned those who needed you most."

"I don't know what you mean!" Kennedy's pleading voice began to fade as a storm appeared. Rain pouring down and blurring her vision.

"Do not start a fight you cannot finish." Ghaul charged at the Guardian and grabbed her. Kennedy pushed her gun up to his shoulder and fired. The blast caused Kennedy to drop her gun and she felt the bullet ricochet off Ghaul's armor back to the gun.

Kennedy was then thrown to the ground and Ghaul slammed his gigantic fist on top of her. Kennedy let out a wheeze and slowly tried to stand up. He kicked her and Kennedy flew across the holographic land. She landed in a forming puddle and wiped the water from her helmet so she could see.

"I am no creature..." Kennedy shakily stood and gripped the sword that Dusk spawned for her. "I am a Guardian."

"You were a Guardian." Ghaul spat. He charged at her once more. Kennedy stood still in shock. How did he know? Kennedy's thoughts were cut off as she felt a powerful blast hit her. She flew through the air and crashed by the Infinite Forest gateway steps.

Ow. Pain shot through her body as she used the steps to help her stand. Kennedy tightened her grip on the thin sword. She was not losing to a hologram.

Kennedy charged at Ghaul. She twirled the sword in front of her. Ghaul blocked it and Kennedy swung her free hand forward and connected it with Ghaul's chin. He stumbled backwards a few feet before swiping his claws at her. Kennedy jumped and back flipped away to avoid the razor sharp talons of the Red Legion leader.

"This ends now." Kennedy narrowed her eyes.

"Agreed." The Cabal answered. His voice deep an menacing.

Kennedy jumped to the air and brought the sword over her head. Ghaul jumped to meet her there. Kennedy brought the sword down, aiming for his head, she missed. Ghaul swung his powerful fist at Kennedy and knocked her out of the air. Kennedy landed on her back and skidded a few feet. Her hood and cloak torn to shreds. Kennedy gripped it and flung if off herself. The rain continued to pour down on her. The cuts that appeared in weak points of her armor dripped small drops of blood. Her ribs ached with every move she made. Her muscles screaming as they felt as if they were on fire.

"Surrender," Ghaul approached Kennedy. His fists clenched tightly.

"Never."

Kennedy jumped up and kneed Ghaul in the chin. He fell back a few inches and Kennedy continued her assault. She kicked the back of his knee and Ghaul was forced into a kneeling position. Kennedy jammed her fist into his armor and shattered it. Her fist erupted with red hot pain.

Kennedy continued regardless of the blood now pouring from an open wound in her side. This ends. Now. Kennedy elbowed Ghaul in his side which was exposed without armor and spun on her knee so she was now behind him. She picked up her sword and slammed it through his leg. The blade cutting through him like a hot knife through butter. Kennedy felt the 'thunk' of her sword hitting the ground and she stood.

Kennedy walked around him and faced the Red Legionare. His sharp red eyes boring into Kennedy's storm blue ones. She took off her helmet and threw it to the ground.