Raging Guardians

A/N- heyyyy. You stuck with me through all this? Nice. Nice. Well, another chapter. Sorry these aren't very long. It's just hard to make a 10k word chapter in a week. Believe me, if i could, i would. Well, here you go!

"Is she awake?"

"What do you mean 'is she awake'?"

"Well, I saw her eyes move..."

"That means nothing!"

"It could mean something."

"Well, it doesn't."

"You don't know that!"

"Just shut up and get the bandages."

Kennedy slowly opened her eyes. She felt horrible. Everything was on fire. Dusk. The Ghost floated out of her and began showering her in Light. It wasn't enough. The small cuts sealed up nicely but the gash on her side left another scar. The kinfe in her leg still lodged there and Dusk informed she would need stitches. The burns and blisters lost their redness but left twisted and contorted patches of skin. Dusk phased back into Kennedy and began healing her internally.

"You ready?" Violet asked. Kennedy nodded. The girl gripped the knife stuck in Kennedy's leg and began pulling. The Guardian winced in pain. Violet finally pulled the blood soaked knife out and tossed it to the side. Violet applied a gauze pad and wrapped the other girl's thigh. Kennedy suddenly realized that her armor was gone.

"Where's my-" Kennedy's voice split with those two words. "armor." her voice raspy and hoarse once more.

"Right over there," Dash said he pointed to it. The gold and black set of gear was partially melted together and the glowing spark in the center of the chest plate was dark. Ruined.

"You will have to make some major mods to it if you ever want to use it." Violet said.

Kennedy furrowed her brows. Great. Got her ass kicked by Ghaul, got stabbed by a Taken leader, almost got Violet killed, got caught in an explosion, gained atleast four more scars... Kennedy stoped herself. The Vanguard. She had completely forgotten. What was she going to tell Ronnie?

"Hey, you okay?" as if on cue, Ronnie sat down next to Kennedy, who was still laying on the floor. She sat up to face the younger Guardian.

"I'm okay."

"You saved them," Ronnie noted. "you should feel good."

"Well, I almost got people killed in the process." Kennedy stood up shakily and Ronnie frowned. She looked down and realized she was only in a sports bra. Dusk would be too busy right now to get her clothes.

"But you didn't. You saved everyone and you should be resting." Ronnie followed Kennedy up to the main deck, where Ronnie's Ghost was flying the ship. The Supers were sitting in chairs, most of them asleep.

"But it was too close." Kennedy turned around and faced Ronnie. The younger girl looked distraught.

"What's wrong with you?" Ronnie said. "You're acting so different."

"Nothing is wrong with me." Kennedy snapped. "It's just been a long couple of days."

"Then talk to me..." Ronnie was now pleading to her friend.

"I don't have to talk to you about anything." the Supers all slowly began to wake up at the sound of arguing.

"Why did you leave?" Ronnie finally said after a pause.

"I had to." Kennedy simply responded. Kennedy clenched her jaw and closed her eyes for s few second. Memories of what Zavala has said to her flashing through her head.